First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Is anyone using the squadron sport as their everyday driving fog lights?

I know someone mentioned that pro are too bright for everyday driving.
Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
I would like to put a pair of Squadron Sport LED's in the wide/cornering configuration with yellow lenses onto my Rubicon steel front bumper. I don't want to replace the factory LED driving lights so I would prefer to mount them onto the Mopar winch guard hoop via the Mopar light tabs which will clamp around the tube. Will this mounting setup be too high off the ground to be effective as fog lights? I can't mount them any lower and I feel the A pillar mounts wouldn't be useful as a fog light mount. Any advice appreciated.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Quick question for people that have installed the Squadron Pro Lights. I have two sets that I'm getting ready to install using the factory aux switches on my JLUR. I understand the installation process which seems relatively easy but I do have question I need an answer to before i can get started.

From what I've read the gauge of wire for the factory Aux switches is 14awg (15amp fuse) now my problem is I need to pick up butt connectors to make my crimp connection between the Aux wiring and the wiring harness. I can almost...read the gauge of the wire for the harness and i think it has 18awg stamped on the wire but I'm not completely sure...An install video posted here mentions that it's 14awg...can anyone tell me what the wire gauge is?

If it's 14awg all i need is a simple weatherproof butt connector if it's 18awg I know i need a step-down butt connector...Any help would be appreciated!

I've checked baja designs website, searched the web and sent them an e-mail and so far haven't had look finding the answer...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

I know someone mentioned that pro are too bright for everyday driving.[/QUO They both are bright for using while driving on the hwy at all times. but the XL pros that i have are awesome for off roading or using on the back roads coming home at night. not that much more i got the XL PROs and they are awesome. they are 9800 lumens and i mean the spot goes a long long ways. best lights i ever had. they are better then Rigid because you cant just take off 4 screws and change the lens cover and change the pattern or change it o white or amber yourself. with baja just 4 screws and you can do all that without having to send it back to them like,rigid makes you. and they are just as bright if not brighter. more shops are starting to sell them now

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Quick question for people that have installed the Squadron Pro Lights. I have two sets that I'm getting ready to install using the factory aux switches on my JLUR. I understand the installation process which seems relatively easy but I do have question I need an answer to before i can get started.

From what I've read the gauge of wire for the factory Aux switches is 14awg (15amp fuse) now my problem is I need to pick up butt connectors to make my crimp connection between the Aux wiring and the wiring harness. I can almost...read the gauge of the wire for the harness and i think it has 18awg stamped on the wire but I'm not completely sure...An install video posted here mentions that it's 14awg...can anyone tell me what the wire gauge is?

If it's 14awg all i need is a simple weatherproof butt connector if it's 18awg I know i need a step-down butt connector...Any help would be appreciated!

I've checked baja designs website, searched the web and sent them an e-mail and so far haven't had look finding the answer...
Forget the butt connectors, use solder.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

I know someone mentioned that pro are too bright for everyday driving.
About 4 years ago, I installed 4 of the S2 Pros, 2 spot beams and 2 wide cornering beams, on my truck. Basically the same as 2 Squadron lights with the mix wide/spot configuration, but I had them wired separately for the reason you mentioned. I could turn on just the wide beams, but I found that they had a lot of stray light above the "cutoff". Actually, they don't really have a true cutoff. The beam is just a flattened oval shape. They really aren't designed to be driven on-road with oncoming traffic. If you want a streetable fog light, look into either the Morimoto fog light replacements for the JL or the SAE compliant Rigid Industries lights. I have had both on my truck. The bracket failed on my GMC recently and I decided to go with a more stock looking installation with the Morimoto GMC setup. Both are "street legal" types of beams. The Rigid has a more controlled beam than the Morimoto, but both are good. The Rigid 3x3 cubes are advertised at around 1700 lumens and the Morimotos are touted at 1200 ish lumens. If you're just driving around with your fogs on to "profile", factory fogs are your best choice. Low output, won't bother anyone, you already own them.

20190514_151125.jpg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
They now list a SAE compliant (street legal) Squadron Fog, with 2480 lumen output each. It basically is a Squadron Sport with a new fresnel lense to control scatter.

I just ordered the Squadron Pro kit 447071 combo beam for my JL Rubicon, which now has a Rock Hard aluminum bumper that has the 4 hole Sahara style fog light mounts.

I have 2 new Rigid SAE cubes that I may put on the light/brush bar and point them out at an angle or cowl mount them for low speed manuevering .

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Unfortunately, 1) I didn't mention I was a forum member and paid full retail, and: 2) they sent me wide cornering lenses instead of what I asked for, which was the combo beam pattern. I guess they're going back.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Would JK set of these work with the JL?
Sponsored