First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Bumper manufacturer? I looked for a while and this one actually has a spot for wide cornering lights AND enough space to wrap the winch with a cover. Smh Probably 10x easier to install with the Warn too. lol Its so tight on mine i had to slide anchor point nuts down a Phillips screwdriver to the threads and then keep it from spinning. F’kn screwdriver acrobatics. I like the bumper.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCOverlander

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
Bumper manufacturer? I looked for a while and this one actually has a spot for wide cornering lights AND enough space to wrap the winch with a cover. Smh Probably 10x easier to install with the Warn too. lol Its so tight on mine i had to slide anchor point nuts down a Phillips screwdriver to the threads and then keep it from spinning. F’kn screwdriver acrobatics. I like the bumper.
HeftyFabworks. Easy to install. Winch install after bumper makes it easy to do by yourself.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
HeftyFabworks. Easy to install. Winch install after bumper makes it easy to do by yourself.
Dang. I like’em. Maybe next year because my wife would kill me. She’s watching me hard as it is. lol

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Yep, pretty classic CANbus issue it appears. I'd give the dealer flash a try if you have an accessible and helpful dealer nearby. If not, shoot me a PM and I will get you set up with the Anti Flicker Harness which will remove any chance of electrical system funkiness.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I did hook the light directly to the battery and it works fine. The issue is the jeeps computer doesn’t like this light. It doesn’t matter if it is on the left or right side, the computer will turn that 12v circuit off (left or right)and I have to turn the Jeep off and back on to reset that circuit.
Yep, pretty classic CANbus issues it looks like. I'd give the dealer flash a try, I believe I have seen at least one person have success with the ECU set to Halogen. If you have a nice dealer nearby, it is worth a shot if they don't charge.

Other than that, I highly recommend the Anti Flicker Harness as this will remove any interference with the CANbus system . If you shoot me a PM, I will get you taken care of.

Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Yep, pretty classic CANbus issue it appears. I'd give the dealer flash a try if you have an accessible and helpful dealer nearby. If not, shoot me a PM and I will get you set up with the Anti Flicker Harness which will remove any chance of electrical system funkiness.
He had factory LED fogs, shouldn't need to get anything flashed. Sounds like it may be an issue with the light itself.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
He had factory LED fogs, shouldn't need to get anything flashed. Sounds like it may be an issue with the light itself.
I had read that he hooked it up to the 12v battery directly and it functioned as it should. If that is the case, it is almost certainly related to the CANbus. The flash solves the issue more often than not, but it seems these systems have a lot of variance even between the same make/model/year.

This is why I usually just suggest going for the Anti-Flicker harness. This will take relayed power directly from the battery (which he already determined works) and completely solve the issue.

OP
OP
SCOverlander

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
I had read that he hooked it up to the 12v battery directly and it functioned as it should. If that is the case, it is almost certainly related to the CANbus. The flash solves the issue more often than not, but it seems these systems have a lot of variance even between the same make/model/year.

This is why I usually just suggest going for the Anti-Flicker harness. This will take relayed power directly from the battery (which he already determined works) and completely solve the issue.
yes I agree that I seems my computer is sensitive to the flicker of the light, however I’m only interested in using my factory fog switch. I was told that the anti flicker switch deletes that as an option. Only one of the lights has an issue with the computer. I want to exchange that light only first. I have a call into Andy H and waiting for him to send back the authorized RMA form. I gave it to him on Thursday.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
yes I agree that I seems my computer is sensitive to the flicker of the light, however I’m only interested in using my factory fog switch. I was told that the anti flicker switch deletes that as an option. Only one of the lights has an issue with the computer. I want to exchange that light only first. I have a call into Andy H and waiting for him to send back the authorized RMA form. I gave it to him on Thursday.
That is incorrect. The Anti Flicker harness was designed specifically around this issue and retains the functionality of the factory fog light switch.

Sounds like you are already mostly through the warranty, process, but if the light is functioning well when connected to 12v, then I am not sure why he is suspecting the light as the flaw, rather than the CANbus.

Hopefully you find this resolves the issue and you are not back to square one afterwards. Please make sure to post an update when you get the replacement light. I am curious how this all unfolds as this would all be counter to what I've seen in the past.

OP
OP
SCOverlander

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
That is incorrect. The Anti Flicker harness was designed specifically around this issue and retains the functionality of the factory fog light switch.

Sounds like you are already mostly through the warranty, process, but if the light is functioning well when connected to 12v, then I am not sure why he is suspecting the light as the flaw, rather than the CANbus.

Hopefully you find this resolves the issue and you are not back to square one afterwards. Please make sure to post an update when you get the replacement light. I am curious how this all unfolds as this would all be counter to what I've seen in the past.
Thanks I will post an update.
Regards,

Sponsored

OP
OP
SCOverlander

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel

I sent the light in and they sent the same light back to me. I’m assuming nothing was wrong with the light as you suspected, however there wasn’t any enclosed note. They did supply an anti flicker wiring harness.
I installed the harness and all is working properly including the ability to use the factor on/off fog switch. The only draw back to installing these lights is having to run additional wiring in an already tight engine bay. Hope this will help future people wanting to go this route.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I sent the light in and they sent the same light back to me. I’m assuming nothing was wrong with the light as you suspected, however there wasn’t any enclosed note. They did supply an anti flicker wiring harness.
I installed the harness and all is working properly including the ability to use the factor on/off fog switch. The only draw back to installing these lights is having to run additional wiring in an already tight engine bay. Hope this will help future people wanting to go this route.
Really happy to hear that everything was sorted out!
I hear you on the extra wiring. It can definitely be a pain in the butt, and not always visually appealing. Hopefully there is a bit of room to reroute some wires in a way that gets them out of view - next time you have a bit of free time to tinker.

RocknJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I just installed a set of squadron pro’s on my 2020 Rubicon and experienced the exact same problem. Left hand fog light would come on but then shut off almost immediately. My rig came factory with led fog lights as well. I went into the tazer settings and changed the fog light setting to halogen and so far so good both lights working as expected.
Sponsored