OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Cant wait for the street legal Amber ones. I would love to have a pair for my Jeep JLUR and my 4runner TRDOR!! :like:
:fist bump:

We can't wait to release them!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
For those of us deciding whether to purchase the Squadron Sport kit or wait for preorders on the SAE approved lights, is there any sense of how the SAE lights will compare to the rest of the Squadron line up in terms of light output and beam throw? It will be great to have road legal lights, but will they be effective for off road use?
The SAE approved lights will have less off-road performance compared to a Squadron Sport but the on-road usability is increased significantly. These have a sharp cutoff to avoid spill light going into the eyes of other drivers.

The SAE approved lights can still be used off-road. It's pattern is great for fog use and when you need to light up the nearfield area

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Squadron SAE | UPDATE

I wanted to post an update on the Squadron SAE. There was a delay in receiving LEDs for these units and we aren't able to receive production quantities until late July. The good news is Amber was approved and we will be offering White and Amber lighting upon release.

ETA has been moved to Late July / Early August. I'll post more updates as we have them

PRE-ORDER COMING SOON

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

47996075666_ac61a9ab83_b.jpg
Looks like pre-orders are live on the site for anyone interested in the SAE approved light. No way to select white or yellow though. Maybe they will contact you for your choice once they're ready to ship?

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Link?

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Will there be a lens option to convert the sport fogs to SAE fogs, or will it require swapping out the whole thing (sports + lens)?

Sponsored

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Will there be a lens option to convert the sport fogs to SAE fogs, or will it require swapping out the whole thing (sports + lens)?
Baja Designs | SAE Approved Lighting | 4/25 UPDATE

Our team is working hard to release the SAE approved lighting. The ETA is currently set for June. White will be the first color released. We are currently working on getting the Amber finalized. I hope to start Pre-Orders soon. Please keep an eye out for details!

Note: There will NOT be an SAE Lens Kit available. SAE approved lights use a completely different lens and optic compared to the normal Squadron. Customers will have the option to send their light in to be upgraded, I hope to share pricing and other details soon.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
Looks like you'll have the option to send your current lights in for a retrofit.

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Brand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

257805_n.jpg

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER
^ Perfect for the JL ^

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:
- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:
- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:
- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"
- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- F150 Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:
- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:
- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

48025082078_02e5f955cb_c.jpg

48025054256_be1b534d0b_c.jpg

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)
Stay tuned...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Baja Designs will NOT be offering a Squadron SAE upgrade service. The upgrade requires the lights to be stripped to bare housings and built back up. This requires a lot of labor and would put a big delay in our production department. Upgrade pricing would be nearly the same price as retail price on the new lights.

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Can we see a cutoff pattern of the lights?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Can we see a cutoff pattern of the lights?
Are you looking for pics against a wall or something else?

I'll see if we have more pics

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Are you looking for pics against a wall or something else?

I'll see if we have more pics
Correct - some pictures against the wall would be great.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Correct - some pictures against the wall would be great.
Just ordered the non SAE Sport kit (thanks to JD at Baja!) but I may eventually break down and get the SAE lights as well and move the sports up to the A-Pillar. If that happens I'll be sure to take tons of side by side photos of sport kit vs. SAE kit while I have one of each in the bumper.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Brand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

257805_n.jpg

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER
^ Perfect for the JL ^

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:
- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:
- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:
- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"
- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- F150 Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:
- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:
- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

48025082078_02e5f955cb_c.jpg

48025054256_be1b534d0b_c.jpg

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)
Stay tuned...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
I’d like to order the Sae with the proper amber lenses. All I can find are the same ones listed for the current sport and pro lights not the new sae.

I will place my order as soon as I have the right lenses. I live in a fog prone area( lots of lakes) and amber fogs are a huge help.
Thanks!

Last edited:
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

The one-sided metal bracket looks like a perfect solution for the Warn Elite full-length bumper which only accommodates the two inboard attachment points and requires trimming for the two outboard pieces. I’ve spent quite a bit of looking and this may be the best option. Warn may owe ya’ll a beer... do y’all have an office in your shop where you fulfill orders? I live in the neighborhood.
Sponsored