OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Interesting. After dong some more research on this before you replied it looks like (at least on YouTube) that the SAE version uses the same lens at the regular Squadron wide cornering.

We don't sell SAE components. This is to prevent people from tampering with off-road lights and faking them as street legal lights with the lens SAE certification. The Squadron SAE has an insert that works in conjunction to the wide-cornering lens. This needs to be installed in order to be street legal. We don't condone customers to swap the lens because it may cause issues with law enforcement or inspection. For example, a state may require SAE approved fog lights. If you swap it with a lens that doesn't have the SAE certification numbers, it will fail inspection.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs: Plug and Play - Jeep JL Fog Pocket Kits 1592860109189

bii%20How%20It%20Works.jpg

Upfront Pricing

Know the cost before you buy.

Convenient Scheduling

Schedule your appointment once the product ships. You can easily reschedule or cancel anytime.

Total Happiness Guarantee

When you purchase your product using the Buy It Installed® Button, you’ll receive installation service backed by our Total Happiness Guarantee.​

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
We don't sell SAE components. This is to prevent people from tampering with off-road lights and faking them as street legal lights with the lens SAE certification. The Squadron SAE has an insert that works in conjunction to the wide-cornering lens. This needs to be installed in order to be street legal. We don't condone customers to swap the lens because it may cause issues with law enforcement or inspection. For example, a state may require SAE approved fog lights. If you swap it with a lens that doesn't have the SAE certification numbers, it will fail inspection.
Hi Baja designs, question and not sure if i'm basically asking what you just explained as a "no no" above. Say I buy the SAE versions (original real SAE) for daily driving. But when I go offroading, i take out the black insert that helps reduce and block some of the light, am I effectively turning my Squadron SAE light into a Squadron Sport?
Responsibly, I'd put the insert back in for any road use. I think maybe what you said above, is someone buying a Squadron Sport, and just putting the SAE lense on for dishonest intentions..

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hi Baja designs, question and not sure if i'm basically asking what you just explained as a "no no" above. Say I buy the SAE versions (original real SAE) for daily driving. But when I go offroading, i take out the black insert that helps reduce and block some of the light, am I effectively turning my Squadron SAE light into a Squadron Sport?
Responsibly, I'd put the insert back in for any road use. I think maybe what you said above, is someone buying a Squadron Sport, and just putting the SAE lense on for dishonest intentions..
The Squadron SAE uses completely different circuitry and reflectors. As well as the insert in the lenses. To answer your question about removing the insert, it would not be the same thing as a Squadron Sport. The Squadron Sport has a higher intensity and reflectors that work with the wide cornering lens that provides a 42 degree flattened beam pattern. It's designed for off-road use and throws glare upwards to provide a smooth light as it transitions outwards. I would NOT recommend removing the insert because it will not achieve your desired results. The insert is designed to reduce the spillage coming off the main beam so it doesn't throw glare to oncoming traffic.

I personally run the Squadron Sports on my rig and I'm very happy with them. They're not a street legal light, but I use them on the back roads when nobody is in front of me. If you can treat it as such, then I would go that route. But if you're looking for an SAE legal light to run at anytime, I would choose the Squadron SAE.

Sponsored

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
@Baja Designs I have an aftermarket LOD destroyer series stubby front bumper. Will the Squadron SAE bolt right up? The Fogs from a rubicon plastic bumper bolted right up without any issues so trying to see if the SAE will plug and play or if I need a bracket?

Are the SAE available in amber?

Thank you!

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
@Baja Designs I have an aftermarket LOD destroyer series stubby front bumper. Will the Squadron SAE bolt right up? The Fogs from a rubicon plastic bumper bolted right up without any issues so trying to see if the SAE will plug and play or if I need a bracket?

Are the SAE available in amber?

Thank you!
Hello,

Our Squadron OEM replacement kits are all designed to install just as the OEM light would. If the tabs on your bumper are set up for OEM hardware, then the Squadron SAEs will mate up perfectly.

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Hello,

Our Squadron OEM replacement kits are all designed to install just as the OEM light would. If the tabs on your bumper are set up for OEM hardware, then the Squadron SAEs will mate up perfectly.
Thank you!
Sponsored