OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I’d like to order the Sae with the proper amber lenses. All I can find are the same ones listed for the current sport and pro lights not the new sae.

I will place my order as soon as I have the right lenses. I live in a fog prone area( lots of lakes) and amber fogs are a huge help.
Thanks!
Pre-Order your Squadron SAE Pair NOW!!!

Enter coupon code: BDForums to save 10% + have the option of $5 shipping to the Lower 48

Squadron SAE, Pair, White - $294.95
257805_n.jpg

Squadron SAE, Pair, Amber - $294.95
257815_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Again those are universal not the Jeep fog light specific ones. I want a complete kit that I can click and order. Or at least the correct amber lenses. Regardless You show the clears but not ambers as a kit.
Amber kits have a slight delay, my apologies, we are working on uploading them to the site

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Awesome thanks! Rough ETA?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So I've installed the @BajaDesigns Sport plug and play fog pocket kit on my 2019 JLU Sport. Love the look and performance of the lights, and the brackets made mounting very easy, just a couple issues to note.

First, as others have noted when replacing their halogen fogs with the Mopar LED fogs, there is a noticable flicker from the lights at certain times. Hard to tell if it's happening when I'm driving, but I've definitely noticed it when pulling into the garage or driveway, particularly during idle. I'm wondering if something like the GTR Lighting PWN Interface Module would help or if having the computer flashed to reflect LED fogs would do the trick. Kind of disappointed to have this issue since these are sold as a plug and play kit, but if a reflash would help, that seems like a fair compromise to make. I just hope the lights can't be damaged by whatever is causing the flicker.

Second, just a word of warning to those of you attempting this install on the OEM plastic bumper. The trim covers that must be removed to access the fog lights are held in place by hex screws that go into metal clips. These metal clips have sharp edges that cut into the soft plastic of the bumper when you try to remove the trim piece. Eventually, they cut so much that they just spin round and round and have to be pulled out of the bumper making replacement of the trim piece impossible without JB welding the clips back into place. That's no fault of Baja obviously, they make a solid product, that's more a Jeep issue. Luckily the Wrangler arguably looks a lot better with those trim pieces removed anyway.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
So I've installed the @BajaDesigns Sport plug and play fog pocket kit on my 2019 JLU Sport. Love the look and performance of the lights, and the brackets made mounting very easy, just a couple issues to note.

First, as others have noted when replacing their halogen fogs with the Mopar LED fogs, there is a noticable flicker from the lights at certain times. Hard to tell if it's happening when I'm driving, but I've definitely noticed it when pulling into the garage or driveway, particularly during idle. I'm wondering if something like the GTR Lighting PWN Interface Module would help or if having the computer flashed to reflect LED fogs would do the trick. Kind of disappointed to have this issue since these are sold as a plug and play kit, but if a reflash would help, that seems like a fair compromise to make. I just hope the lights can't be damaged by whatever is causing the flicker.

Second, just a word of warning to those of you attempting this install on the OEM plastic bumper. The trim covers that must be removed to access the fog lights are held in place by hex screws that go into metal clips. These metal clips have sharp edges that cut into the soft plastic of the bumper when you try to remove the trim piece. Eventually, they cut so much that they just spin round and round and have to be pulled out of the bumper making replacement of the trim piece impossible without JB welding the clips back into place. That's no fault of Baja obviously, they make a solid product, that's more a Jeep issue. Luckily the Wrangler arguably looks a lot better with those trim pieces removed anyway.
Ya I have a Sport and don't have a flicker at all. I also have the Tazer.

1KYHunter

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Ordered...should have the Squad Pro fogs in on Tuesday! Plan to DIY...do I need to have a dealer ‘reprogram’ fog lights to be LED?

Thanks

Sponsored

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Ordered...should have the Squad Pro fogs in on Tuesday! Plan to DIY...do I need to have a dealer ‘reprogram’ fog lights to be LED?

Thanks
Based on my experience, seems like yes. I'm definitely getting some flickering from time to time on the fogs. Haven't had a chance to get to a dealer yet and can't really justify dropping another $300+ on a Tazer right now just for the light programming function, but others seem to report that it helps. On the plus side, I just finished installing a set of Baja S2s on my rear and those are working perfectly!

IMG_20190630_232720_483.jpg

IMG_20190630_232918_218.jpg

1KYHunter

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks.

Rear lights look sweet! Will check them out.

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

I appreciate the feedback. I'll be discussing the flicker issue with our engineers.
The flickering won't damage the lights. I'll post here after discussing this with the team

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Ordered!!
I’m sure you will offer the brackets for the Steel bumper separately, If I decide to upgrade later on down the road? Can’t wait to install!!
Sponsored