Sponsored

Baja Designs - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Funny story about installing them. It was dark by the time I finished the installation in my garage. So, I pulled the truck out into the driveway, and turned on all the lights. Then I ran up the driveway 50 feet or so and turned around to look at it. Bad idea, LOL. All I saw was blinding white light, so I instantly closed my eyes, and turned to the side and found my way back to the truck to shut the lights off. But even after getting out of the light I still couldn't see right. Everywhere I looked there was this odd blue patchwork of what looked like a blue film on everything I was looking at. It took a full hour to be able to see normally again. These are definitely not lights that you would want to use on a public highway.
For sure not on the highway. I was using the LP9 Pro's on Hwy 395 heading to Yosemite at 1am when they were on my Sprinter van. I hadn't seen a car for hours and figured it would be fine. Well, radar detector went of and I switched off the lights a millisecond too late. CHP pulled a u-turn and hit his lights. He probably saw me coming from miles away. He commented on how nice the lights were and then handed me a fix-a-ticket. I had to get a set of covers for the lights. The local cops who signed off on the ticket were like "What did you really do wrong" thinking cops don't usually give tickets for this kind of stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_4452

I really wish I could use these things on the road. The quality of light on the low beam is amazing. Absolutely no hot or cold spots, just a nice even light. I wish every head light was like that, maybe using Audi or Volvo's matrix headlight technology.

Last edited:
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon ecoDiesel
Great looking Jeep. The New Squadron SAE are on track to be releasing March 1st.
Best,
Brandon
Question, if I order a set of squadron sae today, will I get the new ones when they release? or the current version? I dont mind waiting the extra month to get them, just want to know if I should lock in my order today or later. Also, what is the difference between the new and current sae lights?

Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Im running Squadron SAE fogs in the front. They are clear lens with amber covers. In the rear, Im running S2 sports as backup lighting. I would like to get amber LP4s for the a-pillers eventually.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! F9E7690C-3474-4F09-8198-F050140058B9
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 56EED251-C2D5-498D-90F2-64ECA6F43EF2

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Question, if I order a set of squadron sae today, will I get the new ones when they release? or the current version? I dont mind waiting the extra month to get them, just want to know if I should lock in my order today or later. Also, what is the difference between the new and current sae lights?
If you are considering purchasing these I would recommend placing that order now for the price we have them listed for. All orders from October 30 till now will be getting the new versions when they are released. I have been told upon release the price point will rise with the upgraded internals and additional cost to produce these lights. The main difference between the current version to the new version is our optic transition. The current models feature a reflector base setup with a lens insert to help with cutoffs, the new version moves over to a projector-style optic with a clear lens and no limiting factors. This means more lumens, more spread, and sharper cutoffs. If you would like any help getting an order going feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] I'm always willing to work with the Jeep community on pricing.
Best,
Brandon

Last edited:

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Im running Squadron SAE fogs in the front. They are clear lens with amber covers. In the rear, Im running S2 sports as backup lighting. I would like to get amber LP4s for the a-pillers eventually.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 56EED251-C2D5-498D-90F2-64ECA6F43EF2
Awesome setup. When that day comes for those a-pillar feel free to reach out.
[email protected]
Best,
Brandon

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
If you are considering purchasing these I would recommend placing that order now for the price we have them listed for. All orders from October 30 till now will be getting the new versions when they are released. I have been told upon release the price point will rise with the upgraded internals and additional cost to produce these lights. The main difference between the current version to the new version is our optic transition. The current models feature a reflector base setup with a lens insert to help with cutoffs, the new version moves over to a projector-style optic with a clear lens and no limiting factors. This means more lumens, more spread, and sharper cutoffs. If you would like any help getting an order going feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] I'm always willing to work with the Jeep community on pricing.
Best,
Brandon
I've been waiting to buy 3 sets. I already have one set of SAE squadrons, and I didn't want to have to turn around and send these new ones back as well. Figured I'd wait until they were released and then order. With this new info. I'll definitely order now instead.

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

ChadP

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Unlimited 4xe Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 9.45.14 AM

LP9 Pros on stock steel bumper. Low beam wired to aux button through a relay. Headlight high beam triggers relay and activates high beam on the LP9. (Im)patiently waiting for a set of amber Squadron SAE’s to replace the stock fogs.
A few questions if you please. At that location, do they block your camera view? do they block or cutoff the regular headlight beam? Is it a stock mounting bracket to the steel bumper? Last one, have you found a system that you like to go over the charging port?

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

A few questions if you please. At that location, do they block your camera view? do they block or cutoff the regular headlight beam? Is it a stock mounting bracket to the steel bumper? Last one, have you found a system that you like to go over the charging port?
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_7823.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs  - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_7824.JPEG

The lights are mounted using existing screws in the stock steel bumper backed by a nut. The bracket is the one provided by BD. The BD lights do not block the regular headlights. They impede the front facing camera a little bit.

Not sure what you mean about a system that goes over the charging port?

ChadP

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Unlimited 4xe Rubicon

The lights are mounted using existing screws in the stock steel bumper backed by a nut. The bracket is the one provided by BD. The BD lights do not block the regular headlights. They impede the front facing camera a little bit.

Not sure what you mean about a system that goes over the charging port?
I was talking about a bracket that goes over the charging port at the A pillar. Also, what size tire is that you are running?
Sponsored