Sponsored

Baja Designs OnX6+ wiring harness

Jeepdoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Hello

Can somebody help me with a really basic explanation/diagram of how to cut/connect the wiring harness to the factory Aux switches for the OnX6+. I bought the on/off harness without the dimmer function.
I understand how to cut/connect the supplied harness for a squadron pro to the factory aux (remove the fuse and switch, then connect directly to aux switch) but the OnX6+ harness has something else attached (transformer) to it and not sure if I can just remove it (see pic).
Anything helps at this point as this stuff is all new to me. Thanks!

C22F4BDD-8ACC-45C5-A01D-D4579467F01A.jpeg
Sponsored

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Did you ever figure out how to do this? i am not faced with the same thing. Any help would be awesome!!

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Hello

Can somebody help me with a really basic explanation/diagram of how to cut/connect the wiring harness to the factory Aux switches for the OnX6+. I bought the on/off harness without the dimmer function.
I understand how to cut/connect the supplied harness for a squadron pro to the factory aux (remove the fuse and switch, then connect directly to aux switch) but the OnX6+ harness has something else attached (transformer) to it and not sure if I can just remove it (see pic).

That is not a transformer. It's a common relay.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with the lights and harness you're using, but that pic is clearly a relay as previously stated. As such, you would use the aux switch power wire from the JL as the trigger wire for the relay. I don't know what the power draw of the light is, but if it's less than the amp rating of the JL aux switch fuse you can probably eliminate the relay.

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone wired ONX6+ to OEM Aux switches? I havent received mine yet and trying to get ahead in the install prep work.

Thanks!

Sponsored

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
Hello

Check this thread out
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...re-not-jl-rubicon-friendly.26015/#post-679386

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah so I just got my ONX6 and it didnt come with this relay or really any harness at all... just a plug.

Highly disappointed in buying a very expensive product that doesnt even come with a harness to use it... @BajaDesigns

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BajaDesigns What harness is suppose to come with this unit and how do you recommend it being wired to JL factory AUX switches? I have no harness... Is your expectation that I cut into this plug and then go buy wires to route up into the engine bay? Yet you claim the warranty is void if you cut into the harness?!? So what the heck are we suppose to do?! There is little to zero instructions and no harness on your site for JL wrangler. Seems like a half baked product and horrible customer experience. Please explain how to wire this correctly to JL Aux and if I am missing something as i cant imagine you dont provide any sort of harness that is more that 10 inches long with a plug to no where..?!?

caleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@BajaDesigns What harness is suppose to come with this unit and how do you recommend it being wired to JL factory AUX switches? I have no harness... Is your expectation that I cut into this plug and then go buy wires to route up into the engine bay? Yet you claim the warranty is void if you cut into the harness?!? So what the heck are we suppose to do?! There is little to zero instructions and no harness on your site for JL wrangler. Seems like a half baked product and horrible customer experience. Please explain how to wire this correctly to JL Aux and if I am missing something as i cant imagine you dont provide any sort of harness that is more that 10 inches long with a plug to no where..?!?

There's a million different ways this lightbar could be wired up, it wouldn't make sense to include a harness that would work for a very small portion of the customers. Correct, there is no JL specific harness. As you mentioned, they do include a plug so you could make your own harness or they have tons of options on their site for different types of harnesses that will work depending on your intended use and mounting of it. The easiest would be to buy this harness: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-onx6-s8.asp and wire that in to the factory aux switches if you have them.
Sponsored