First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Is anybody running the XL linkable roof light bar on their JL? I can’t seem to find any photos of this setup. Would like to hear about the configuration of the 8 lights. The website is very confusing, The description say this is for the JL but then it also say it will not fit the JL? I don’t get it.

@BajaDesigns

Full adjustment. Total Performance. This 8 XL Linkable kit is designed for the JL and Gladiator JT Jeep platforms. This LED roof bar kit gives off-roaders a high performance, completely customizable solution to drastically improve the looks and performance of their Jeep.

Vehicle Models this kit does NOT fit:

• 2022 Jeep Gladiator, High Altitude, Mojave, Overland, Rubicon, Sport, Sport S, Willys, Willys Sport.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler, Unlimited Rubicon 392.
  • 2021 Jeep Gladiator, 80th Anniversary, High Altitude, Mojave, Overland, Rubicon, SPort, Sport S, Willys, Willys Sport.
  • 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392.
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator, Mojave.
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle Models this kit does NOT fit:

• 2022 Jeep Gladiator, High Altitude, Mojave, Overland, Rubicon, Sport, Sport S, Willys, Willys Sport.
  • 2022 Jeep Wrangler, Unlimited Rubicon 392.
  • 2021 Jeep Gladiator, 80th Anniversary, High Altitude, Mojave, Overland, Rubicon, SPort, Sport S, Willys, Willys Sport.
  • 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392.
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator, Mojave.
[/QUOTE]

I might be missing something, but it looks like the only JL that it's not compatible with is the 392 ('21 & '22 models).

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Hello! I have a question and I hope the answer is an easy one. @Baja Designs

I have these lights - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s8-straight-led-light-bar/?sku=702013 = the 20-inch version and this wiring harness https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...ch-1-bar-wiring-harness-universal/?sku=640122.

I have a Rubi 4xe with the factory Aux Panels. I also have the AEV front Bumper and plan on installing this behind the skid plate like this https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/front-bumper-skid-plate/

One thing I didn't realize is the amber backlighting, which looks pretty cool. I have seen several videos on the tube, but they are mostly on the two-round lights and not the bar.

My question is what is the best way to wire these, using as much of the wiring harness as I can and connecting them to the AUX panel? I would like to be able to use the AUX to turn the lights on and off and use the AUX panel to turn the amber backlights/running lights on and off. (Can I have the backlights/running lights on at the same time as the main lights?)

I see that some people tie the backlights into the DRL or something and while I think that looks cool, I think I would prefer to just tie them into the AUX panel so I can have them completely off.

The Baja wiring harness has two switches, one has two wires and the other has three, I think the one for the three includes the backlights, but I am not sure which one to hook up to the AUX panel. I assume that both switches have a ground and figure I can ground both to one of the bolts near the battery AUX panel wiring.

I don't mind using one of the 40 amp for the main lights, etc. I don't think I will be adding more lights!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hello! I have a question and I hope the answer is an easy one. @Baja Designs

I have these lights - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s8-straight-led-light-bar/?sku=702013 = the 20-inch version and this wiring harness https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...ch-1-bar-wiring-harness-universal/?sku=640122.

I have a Rubi 4xe with the factory Aux Panels. I also have the AEV front Bumper and plan on installing this behind the skid plate like this https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/front-bumper-skid-plate/

One thing I didn't realize is the amber backlighting, which looks pretty cool. I have seen several videos on the tube, but they are mostly on the two-round lights and not the bar.

My question is what is the best way to wire these, using as much of the wiring harness as I can and connecting them to the AUX panel? I would like to be able to use the AUX to turn the lights on and off and use the AUX panel to turn the amber backlights/running lights on and off. (Can I have the backlights/running lights on at the same time as the main lights?)

I see that some people tie the backlights into the DRL or something and while I think that looks cool, I think I would prefer to just tie them into the AUX panel so I can have them completely off.

The Baja wiring harness has two switches, one has two wires and the other has three, I think the one for the three includes the backlights, but I am not sure which one to hook up to the AUX panel. I assume that both switches have a ground and figure I can ground both to one of the bolts near the battery AUX panel wiring.

I don't mind using one of the 40 amp for the main lights, etc. I don't think I will be adding more lights!
Hey @Slate, The easiest way to utilize this harness and run the light into the factory aux switches you have is to follow the lead connection running from the light and cut the wiring harness right before the relay. This will expose both positive and negative leads as well as the backlight wiring. Those wires can be run into your factory aux switches with no problem and you can have the backlight lead running to a separate switch as well. You can run the backlight on when the whole light is on also. Feel free to email me directly with any more questions you may have at [email protected].
Best,
Brandon

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Slate, The easiest way to utilize this harness and run the light into the factory aux switches you have is to follow the lead connection running from the light and cut the wiring harness right before the relay. This will expose both positive and negative leads as well as the backlight wiring. Those wires can be run into your factory aux switches with no problem and you can have the backlight lead running to a separate switch as well. You can run the backlight on when the whole light is on also. Feel free to email me directly with any more questions you may have at [email protected].
Best,
Brandon
Have you put out a diagram or instructions for this? I've got the new wiring harness, but haven't tackled it yet because I'm not sure how best to do it.

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Have you put out a diagram or instructions for this? I've got the new wiring harness, but haven't tackled it yet because I'm not sure how best to do it.
Hey @DanW, we have not come out with a diagram for this because we offer the up-fitter harnesses for this application. This would just be a quick way around this if you are trying to utilize the harness you already have.

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread IMG_4777 (002)

Hi Brandon. I removed the tape and exposed these wires. I am loath to cut anything unless I am 100% sure - its a really nice wiring harness! The bottom loom is from the power and ground and the top runs out to the rest of the harness. I take it from your comment that we won't be using any of the buttons, or the wiring to the buttons. I guess I was thinking it was possible to use those, but no big deal.

I can figure that the two reds are the power and the thicker black is the ground, not sure what the yellow or white are and there is a thinner black cable that runs up to the relay.

I know part of my education is the AUX switches, I am not used to just wiring directly!

I also assume we won't be using the relay? IIRC, the AUX switches have a relay built in?

Is this as simple as running the yellow to a switch and a white to a switch on the aux wires?

Would I need to solder the two red wires together?

Thanks for all your advice!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread IMG_4777 (002)

Hi Brandon. I removed the tape and exposed these wires. I am loath to cut anything unless I am 100% sure - its a really nice wiring harness! The bottom loom is from the power and ground and the top runs out to the rest of the harness. I take it from your comment that we won't be using any of the buttons, or the wiring to the buttons. I guess I was thinking it was possible to use those, but no big deal.

I can figure that the two reds are the power and the thicker black is the ground, not sure what the yellow or white are and there is a thinner black cable that runs up to the relay.

I know part of my education is the AUX switches, I am not used to just wiring directly!

I also assume we won't be using the relay? IIRC, the AUX switches have a relay built in?

Is this as simple as running the yellow to a switch and a white to a switch on the aux wires?

Would I need to solder the two red wires together?

Thanks for all your advice!
Hey @Slate, that is correct you will not need the loam running to the battery. The aux switches will have the power to run these lights and have a built-in fuse through your vehicle's engine harness. You will have to solder these two red wires together if you are planning on wiring both lights to one aux switch.
Best,
Brandon

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Slate, that is correct you will not need the loam running to the battery. The aux switches will have the power to run these lights and have a built-in fuse through your vehicle's engine harness. You will have to solder these two red wires together if you are planning on wiring both lights to one aux switch.
Best,
Brandon

Ok great! Can you tell me which wire, the yellow or the white, is for the "normal" lights and which one is for the amber backlighting? I think I still want to run them each to their own switch.

Sorry for so many questions, but I am a bit of a newb. I am used to either plug-and-play or just running the wires in Jedd Clampett style and crimping the crap out of everything. This wiring harness is really nice, so I don't want to Frankenstein it!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Ok great! Can you tell me which wire, the yellow or the white, is for the "normal" lights and which one is for the amber backlighting? I think I still want to run them each to their own switch.

Sorry for so many questions, but I am a bit of a newb. I am used to either plug-and-play or just running the wires in Jedd Clampett style and crimping the crap out of everything. This wiring harness is really nice, so I don't want to Frankenstein it!
Hey @Slate, I attached a file that will have the pin-out locations for these modes labeled out. Let me know if this helps.
Best,
Brandon

LP6Wiring.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @DanW, we have not come out with a diagram for this because we offer the up-fitter harnesses for this application. This would just be a quick way around this if you are trying to utilize the harness you already have.
I think the new harness I have is the up-fitter. I'll have to check. But it came with no instructions. I bought it right when it came out. It's been sitting on my work bench for a good while. Lol.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Slate, I attached a file that will have the pin-out locations for these modes labeled out. Let me know if this helps.
Best,
Brandon

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread LP6Wirin

Thanks! I know I am overthinking this - to be fair, I have only had the jeep for two weeks and I ordered all these parts back in July before I even had the jeep! :)

Found one of Tech Tim's video's

I think I have watched this about a dozen times and just figured out how simple this is "supposed" to be with the fuse already built in etc. For some reason, my brain didn't want to believe it was that simple!

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best,
Brandon

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread LP6Wirin
Do you have one for the S8? The S8 only has three pin-outs. I figure it is Ground, High Beam and Amber Backlight. I figure the black is ground, the white is the high beam and the green is the Amber backlight?

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Do you have one for the S8? The S8 only has three pin-outs. I figure it is Ground, High Beam and Amber Backlight. I figure the black is ground, the white is the high beam and the green is the Amber backlight?
Hey @Slate, That is correct. White/power, Black/Ground, and Green/backlight.
Best,
Brandon
Sponsored