Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use the Baja bracket and just bolt it to the two bolts on the bumper? Cant really tell from your picture. Thank you for the pictures, this is making it easier for me to pick out the parts I need.
All 4 of the LP4's are mounted directly to the bumper, using the brackets that came with them. I drilled the bumper for the 2 center ones, but used an existing bolt hole for the outers. I removed the threaded clips and the torx bolts, so I could use the supplied mounting hardware.

My original plan was to install the 2nd pair on top of the bull bar, via a couple of bar clamps for a 2.5" tube, but the lower pair of lights didn't leave enough space for the clamps. The outer location was used just to get them installed and wired up. I'm not liking that spot, because it interferes with using the recovery hooks.

If you want more pics, from certain angles, don't hesitate to ask.
Sponsored

halla

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep TJ, 21 JLU Rubicon
All 4 of the LP4's are mounted directly to the bumper, using the brackets that came with them. I drilled the bumper for the 2 center ones, but used an existing bolt hole for the outers. I removed the threaded clips and the torx bolts, so I could use the supplied mounting hardware.

My original plan was to install the 2nd pair on top of the bull bar, via a couple of bar clamps for a 2.5" tube, but the lower pair of lights didn't leave enough space for the clamps. The outer location was used just to get them installed and wired up. I'm not liking that spot, because it interferes with using the recovery hooks.

If you want more pics, from certain angles, don't hesitate to ask.
I appreciate the help. I will most likely do the same. Now just have to wait for the Jeep to arrive. lol. We have a 2015 JK, a 1999 TJ and the 2021 Rubicon on the way. It seems the JL is very different from the JK. Glad we got the Aux switches, will make wiring everything simpler. Thanks again.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the help. I will most likely do the same. Now just have to wait for the Jeep to arrive. lol. We have a 2015 JK, a 1999 TJ and the 2021 Rubicon on the way. It seems the JL is very different from the JK. Glad we got the Aux switches, will make wiring everything simpler. Thanks again.
My JLUR is my 1st ever, but I've heard that they share next to nothing in common with the JK's. The JK front bumper can be used, but the bolt holes need to be elongated for the wider JL frame.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
For those of you that did the upfitter wiring harness and factory aux switches. Did you end using 3 switches for the LP6s? High, low, and Backlight?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you that did the upfitter wiring harness and factory aux switches. Did you end using 3 switches for the LP6s? High, low, and Backlight?
I have the LP4's, which don't have the low setting, but I believe the LP6 and LP9 upfitter harnesses come with a toggle switch for low/high. Both functions aren't supposed to be used at the same time, without risking burning up the internal circuit board. Otherwise, it's really up to the user on how they get hooked up.

Yes, you could hook them up to 3 of the factory aux switches. But you'd lose 3 switches for just a couple of lamps, and you'd have to remember to shut off the low before using the high and vice versa.

I would personally either ditch the low and just use the high, or use the BD toggle switch powered off of one aux switch. And I don't see the need to have independent control over the backlighting, so I'd rather just hook them into the parking light circuit.

Sponsored

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
There is no safeguard in the light to prevent you from doing that?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, nothing inside the actual lamp to prevent damage from powering the low and high settings at the same time. That would result in a larger housing, increased cooling needs, and it would be redundant for those using the standard harness that comes with a low/off/high toggle switch. Also, I believe the upfitter harness comes with a low/high toggle switch.

Fcmalie

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
The only way I can see doing this on a single auxiliary switch is to tap your factory high beam wire for a relay to switch low/high on the LP6. So LP6 high beam would only come on with high beam headlights.

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey guys,

Great thread and branch from the other thread with all the info about various installs of the BD LPs. Question, I'm ready to pull the trigger on two LP6s, and the upfitter harness as I have factory aux switches. If I want the low beam to go to my factory fog light button (so I can utilize that button that's not doing anything currently since I have an aftermarket front bumper without fog lights), and the high beam to go to aux 3, and the backlight to go to the DRLs, can that be all done with the upfitter? Has anyone done this version of the install?

Thanks!
John

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Appreciate this! We really are happy to be here, chatting with you guys, and working to improve your experiences. It has been awesome to watch our brand grow in this space and I am thankful for the support you guys have given us. Keep the questions coming. We are working on some of our harness pages in the coming weeks to try to better guide new enthusiast to the correct lights and wiring for their needs.

Can't do it without you guys!
:fist bump:
Hello from Australia. Do you do shipping to here?

Sponsored

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Just recently installed a pair each of the Squadron Pro spots and floods on the a-pillars, and 2 pairs of amber LP4's with combo lenses on the bumper. I have the factory aux switches, but I also installed the SwitchPros SP9100 switch panel and controller on the base of the grab handle, so lighting can be easier to use on the fly.

I used upfitter harnesses for all of them, and shortened them to minimize underhood clutter.

20210128_132835.jpg
20210127_192336.jpg
20210127_200435.jpg
20210131_185424.jpg
Hey @Headbarcode love your rig! Do you mind sharing a few up close pics of the outer LP4s and how they sit on the bumper. I am considering adding the same but have a Warn Bull bar that already occupies the hole that I think you used to mount them. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to mount in the same hole or if the bull bar base would interfere. Adding a few pics for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread Jeep 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread Jeep 3
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread Jeep 2

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Headbarcode love your rig! Do you mind sharing a few up close pics of the outer LP4s and how they sit on the bumper. I am considering adding the same but have a Warn Bull bar that already occupies the hole that I think you used to mount them. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to mount in the same hole or if the bull bar base would interfere. Adding a few pics for reference.

Thanks, buddy!

Awesome Stingray you've got there as well! I used the factory hole that your bull bar uses on the outermost mounting points. I originally wanted the outer pair to be mounted to the top of my bull bar, but the lower pair didn't leave more than a feeler gage of space, so no room for a bar clamp.

Here's a couple pics. Let know if you want any others.
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210525_115958
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210525_120025

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Is it normal to get a humming/buzz noise from LP6's in high beam? I have the LP6's and upfitter wiring harness installed to factory aux switches. Aux1 for low and Aux3 for high beam. Low beam is silent, but when I hit the high beam, there's a buzzing noise coming from both lights. (No noise from the upfitter relays.) Video shows off->low->high. You can hear the buzz when the high beam kicks in.

Is this normal? My first set of lights, so not sure what to expect. But they look great :)

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Switch pro panel that I have and @Headbarcode have installed will allow you to use 2 buttons in a high/low config and prevent both from being turned on at the same time SPDT is what it is called , I have the LP4s as well but was looking at it just didnt want to use 2 outputs for 1 pair of lights :CWL:
15. SPDT and SP3T Switch Configuration • This function allows the user to program a SPDT and SP3T function into selected switches. Only one of the selected switches can be on at one time. When pressing another switch, the previously pressed switch will turn off. For a SPDT function, select Output 1 and Output 2. For a SP3T function, select all 3 outputs. This function, for example, can be used for fan setting controls or suspension setting controls.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Is it normal to get a humming/buzz noise from LP6's in high beam? I have the LP6's and upfitter wiring harness installed to factory aux switches. Aux1 for low and Aux3 for high beam. Low beam is silent, but when I hit the high beam, there's a buzzing noise coming from both lights. (No noise from the upfitter relays.) Video shows off->low->high. You can hear the buzz when the high beam kicks in.

Is this normal? My first set of lights, so not sure what to expect. But they look great :)
In relaying this to our Tech and Engineering teams, they quickly identified that this is the result of running the high and low beam circuits simultaneously. As referenced in the instructions and earlier in the thread, this will blow out some of the board components.

If the standard BD harnesses are not being used, or a programable controller (sPOD or Switch Pros) you must ensure that your custom wiring does not power both circuits at the same time.

Unfortunately, if this is the case, your lights are now damaged and you will need to get in touch with me via PM so I can forward you over to the tech team to discuss repair options.
Sponsored

Last edited: