Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
I’ll have to let you know in a bit. I’ve had my doors and top off since install. However, even at highway speeds in the 70s, I haven’t heard any whistling or unique noise that seems different than just driving with doors and top off pre-install. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s more noticeable once the doors and top are back on.
That's a great start. Post an update when you have the Jeep back together. I'm considering putting mine up there.
Sponsored

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I got my LP6 lights installed yesterday. They are great lights. I used the upfitter harness and installed them to my factory Aux switches. The upfitter harness was so easy to install. My question for others that have used the upfitter is what did you do with all of that extra wire? I didn't want to try to cut it down so I spooled it up as best I could and wedged it down between the battery and the wall of the engine bay. It barely fits but seems to be snug. The only other option I thought of was to pull the majority of the wire down to the front bumper and try to spool it there but I didn't like the idea of having all that wire in the bumper.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
How loud is the wind noise having such a large light on the cowls?
I have not heard a peep out of mine on my jeep nor the ones on our taco. And @cosine BD is a company whose quality speaks for itself. You will absolutely not regret them, we've run them for years and so has the company my partner works for. In terms of amazing companies, BD has been a pleasure to work with on a personal and professional level 🤘

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
@Baja Designs thanks for the promo code. is there a expiration date on this promo. i've been looking at your lights and i might get something later on. may towards christmas or after the new year. no definite plans yet. i'm looking in the area of the amber fog lights.
Once you go BD, it's hard to find anything to satisfy as well. 👍

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I got my LP6 lights installed yesterday. They are great lights. I used the upfitter harness and installed them to my factory Aux switches. The upfitter harness was so easy to install. My question for others that have used the upfitter is what did you do with all of that extra wire? I didn't want to try to cut it down so I spooled it up as best I could and wedged it down between the battery and the wall of the engine bay. It barely fits but seems to be snug. The only other option I thought of was to pull the majority of the wire down to the front bumper and try to spool it there but I didn't like the idea of having all that wire in the bumper.
I did just what you did I think. I tried as cleanly and efficiently as possible to roll it up, electrical tape it together, and then tuck in that empty space where the aux wires are next to the battery - I made sure the remaining aux switch wire bundle was on top and accessible. It does seem like excessive wire and I wasn’t sure what the best thing to do was either!

Sponsored

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Anyone use the switch that comes with the wiring harness? Looking for a good place to put it.

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just recently installed a pair each of the Squadron Pro spots and floods on the a-pillars, and 2 pairs of amber LP4's with combo lenses on the bumper. I have the factory aux switches, but I also installed the SwitchPros SP9100 switch panel and controller on the base of the grab handle, so lighting can be easier to use on the fly.

I used upfitter harnesses for all of them, and shortened them to minimize underhood clutter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210128_132835
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210127_192336
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210127_200435
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20210131_185424

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
What grill hoop do you have, because I want to install two light in the same location in the middle?

Just recently installed a pair each of the Squadron Pro spots and floods on the a-pillars, and 2 pairs of amber LP4's with combo lenses on the bumper. I have the factory aux switches, but I also installed the SwitchPros SP9100 switch panel and controller on the base of the grab handle, so lighting can be easier to use on the fly.

I used upfitter harnesses for all of them, and shortened them to minimize underhood clutter.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What grill hoop do you have, because I want to install two light in the same location in the middle?
It's the Maximus-3 SLP bull bar. I also installed the additional chassis reinforcement brackets for it. It's made with 2.5" tubing, rather than the 2" that everyone else uses, so it looks more proportionate to the Jeep. Also, it can be mounted in a leaned forward orientation, like I did, or it can be spun around to stand just slightly leaned back and more vertical. In the leaned forward position, it leaves 6" of space between the bumper. My LP4's just barely fit under it. I originally wanted the 2nd set of ambers to be mounted above the bar, but there's not enough room for even the thinnest bar clamp.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Ok. I have the Maximus Classic Hoop in a leaned forward position and I was curious if the LP6 lights would fit underneath. I thought, based on the thicker tubing that yours might have been the same as mine.

It's the Maximus-3 SLP bull bar. I also installed the additional chassis reinforcement brackets for it. It's made with 2.5" tubing, rather than the 2" that everyone else uses, so it looks more proportionate to the Jeep. Also, it can be mounted in a leaned forward orientation, like I did, or it can be spun around to stand just slightly leaned back and more vertical. In the leaned forward position, it leaves 6" of space between the bumper. My LP4's just barely fit under it. I originally wanted the 2nd set of ambers to be mounted above the bar, but there's not enough room for even the thinnest bar clamp.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I have the Maximus Classic Hoop in a leaned forward position and I was curious if the LP6 lights would fit underneath. I thought, based on the thicker tubing that yours might have been the same as mine.
The Classic is taller than the SLP, but I'm not sure by how much. The LP6 lamp itself is 6.5" diameter, not including its mounting bracket. As long as you have at least 7.5" of space, you should be good to go.

halla

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep TJ, 21 JLU Rubicon
The Classic is taller than the SLP, but I'm not sure by how much. The LP6 lamp itself is 6.5" diameter, not including its mounting bracket. As long as you have at least 7.5" of space, you should be good to go.
Did you use the Baja bracket and just bolt it to the two bolts on the bumper? Cant really tell from your picture. Thank you for the pictures, this is making it easier for me to pick out the parts I need.
Sponsored