First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The only difference in LP4 spot and combo is the lens. The side leds would be on either. I am making a carbon fiber piece to block the inside leds and I wile still have the outside. Hope it works out, the light cast on the hood is very distracting to me. This will be the 1st time I have had any lights above the hood. line.
i would like to see how the carbon fiber piece works out for you. if you can, post up some pics. i did look at the you tube video again and there is a different when the guy put on a piece of tint to reduce the glare.

as for your hood glare. is your lp4 basically mounted on top of the hinge of the 392. i have a sport and my hinge mount puts my light on the outside of the hinge. so the hood glare is minimal.
Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
i would like to see how the carbon fiber piece works out for you. if you can, post up some pics. i did look at the you tube video again and there is a different when the guy put on a piece of tint to reduce the glare.

as for your hood glare. is your lp4 basically mounted on top of the hinge of the 392. i have a sport and my hinge mount puts my light on the outside of the hinge. so the hood glare is minimal.
I am still working on the bumper, winch, LP6s and LP4s. Both are combos. The A-pillar LP4s are spots. Still havnt found a mount I like and may make one out of carbon fiber. Will posts pics when I have it done.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
I bought the Baja Designs Fog Pockets Pro (447069) to replace the OEM LED fog lights that came with the vehicle; great lights and significantly brighter! Pretty close to a plug and play situation for the install so that was great. Although my package didn't have the U shaped hardware for mounting the lights. This was disappointing as I had the end caps off, the old lights removed and the wires hanging there by the time I opened the box. It was a Wednesday about 2pm and I was really looking forward to using them over the upcoming weekend. I called BD and explained my issue. They of course (like most companies) said we will ship you the missing items. I thought well that is great, but I probably won't see them for about 4 working day, aka Monday or Tuesday. Nope; without saying a word about shipping, they said we will FedEx them over night. And boy did they ever, they even paid for a morning delivery. Just 19 hours after calling them in CA, the needs items were on my Texas door step and in my hands at 10am the next morning. Nothing short of OUTSTANDING. I've since bought a 30" BD light bar for my front bumper and it absolutely rocks. The lights are the best, and the customer service is beyond reproach!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
That's just the reason I've been waiting 4 months for 2 sets of lights from them.

Buy the best cry only once. Glad they got you up and running so quick.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
I got my LP6 lights installed yesterday. They are great lights. I used the upfitter harness and installed them to my factory Aux switches. The upfitter harness was so easy to install. My question for others that have used the upfitter is what did you do with all of that extra wire? I didn't want to try to cut it down so I spooled it up as best I could and wedged it down between the battery and the wall of the engine bay. It barely fits but seems to be snug. The only other option I thought of was to pull the majority of the wire down to the front bumper and try to spool it there but I didn't like the idea of having all that wire in the bumper.
Since you have the same set-up as I do, question about the final harness set-up:

Do you have the ring leads going to pos and neg on the battery as the instructions said? If so, did you completely remove the negative terminal before attaching to the pos post with a nut, or did you just slap pos on and then negative?

Or do you just have it wired to the aux wires, and grounded out to the bolt inside the engine compartment?

I've seen some say the pos battery connections isn't needed...

Sponsored

Jeepnjohnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Since you have the same set-up as I do, question about the final harness set-up:

Do you have the ring leads going to pos and neg on the battery as the instructions said? If so, did you completely remove the negative terminal before attaching to the pos post with a nut, or did you just slap pos on and then negative?

Or do you just have it wired to the aux wires, and grounded out to the bolt inside the engine compartment?

I've seen some say the pos battery connections isn't needed...
Yes, both pos and neg go to the battery terminals in my version. No, didn't remove the entire terminal. Just did one at at time by attaching to one of the nuts. Also, I cut the harness down so it would fit neatly. There's way too much wiring with the upfitter.

John

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
@Baja Designs Your forum code seems to be expired. Is that a technical error or are you no longer doing a forum discount?

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 1645413495306

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This is a great thread. I might have over looked the question sorry in advance. From what I read it's ok to tap the DRL for the amber back lights on the LP4s? On the LP4s clear combo is it possible to run the driving with the oem fogs on a triggered relay for load and spots on a spst switch?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392

Sorry for the late reply. I did make the blinders and the mounts. I am happy with the results and minimal light cast on the hood. For mounting I used the existing 2 bolts with coupler. I also reinforced the bracket underneath the cowl. It happened and here are the pics.
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20220125_100021
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20220125_100139
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 20220108_095111

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Matt, simply INCREDIBLE!!! WOW Very impressive man

Sponsored

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Wired up my LP6’s over the weekend with the upfitter lockout harness. Using Aux1 for lows, and Aux3 for high. The high beams worked initially, but stopped working next day. Low beams are still fine on Aux1, and Aux3 fuse is still good and getting power. What is the most likely culprit? Relay?

Also, with the upfitter lockout harness, should I have Aux1 and Aux3 powered on at the same time for high beams? Or just Aux3? Or does it make a difference?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Wired up my LP6’s over the weekend with the upfitter lockout harness. Using Aux1 for lows, and Aux3 for high. The high beams worked initially, but stopped working next day. Low beams are still fine on Aux1, and Aux3 fuse is still good and getting power. What is the most likely culprit? Relay?

Also, with the upfitter lockout harness, should I have Aux1 and Aux3 powered on at the same time for high beams? Or just Aux3? Or does it make a difference?
With the upfitter harness you can have both switches on. I wired mine the same except I used aux 1 for low and aux 2 for high. When you turn on aux 3 with aux 1 on do the low beams stay on? If so do you hear the relay pick? With the 2 relays it is an OR circuit. With aux 1 on and you turn on aux 3 it drops the relay on aux 1. As soon as you power off aux 3 it reenergizes the low beam for aux 1.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Sorry for the late reply. I did make the blinders and the mounts. I am happy with the results and minimal light cast on the hood. For mounting I used the existing 2 bolts with coupler. I also reinforced the bracket underneath the cowl. It happened and here are the pics.
that came out pretty good.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@BajaDesigns or anyone else – happen to know of any mounting brackets that would allow me to mount a 10" S8 light bar on the winch protector bar? Or any alternative ways to get a 10" light bar on the center of the bumper?

The bolts on the standard S8 mounts don't align with the bolts on the bumper under the bar and I was only able to find 2" brackets on BD's website. The bar measure 7" around...

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs Awesome LP Series Support Thread 1647019151756

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed