DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought the Trigger Controller for this reason. I have the Mopar Aux panel but not sure i want to test the harness with high output leds.
I've been running them for awhile now with Aux 1 for bright and Aux 2 for low. I'm the only one that uses them, so no issues, so far. But I'm thinking of shelling out the $100 bucks for the new harness. It is just a bummer to spend another sawbuck on lights that already set me back over $800, or $900 if you consider the original harness.

As for the lights themselves, there is nothing on the market that even comes close to these things. They are flat out amazing.

@Baja Designs can there be a discount for early adopters who bought the previous harness? I'd think that would be a fair way to go with it.
Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I've been running them for awhile now with Aux 1 for bright and Aux 2 for low. I'm the only one that uses them, so no issues, so far. But I'm thinking of shelling out the $100 bucks for the new harness. It is just a bummer to spend another sawbuck on lights that already set me back over $800, or $900 if you consider the original harness.

As for the lights themselves, there is nothing on the market that even comes close to these things. They are flat out amazing.

@Baja Designs can there be a discount for early adopters who bought the previous harness? I'd think that would be a fair way to go with it.
Sure thing. Shoot me a PM with your original order info and I'll get you set up with a discount on the harness.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.

I'm not sure what kit I got with the two pairs I just bought. The upfitter (which I think it more adaptable to the Mopar switch panel) or the full harness.

Yeah, I have the XL80's now. I'm dumping my stupid ($1,500) Rigid Adapt bar because it has so many issues. People need to understand that while these lights are for anyone, they are designed to be custom installed to each application. They are race lights and need to be professionally installed (or know how to) properly. I'm excited for my lights to show up

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
Uhg! Huge bummer. I am going to send an additional note to production and engineering so that they are aware and can make any necessary process revisions.

Our team should take good care of you on the replacement, but I'm very sorry to hear about the setback :(
Happy to say that the team at Baja solved the issue very quickly.

Will be happy to purchase more items from Baja again. Quality customer service and warranty.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Happy to say that the team at Baja solved the issue very quickly.

Will be happy to purchase more items from Baja again. Quality customer service and warranty.
I just got a set of LP4's for the Rubicon steel bumper setup and they have EVERYTHING you need to install. Its a complete system. I'm going to hook them up to the Trigger 6 Shooter today. I'll also have a pair of LP6's showing up. I plan on using switch 6 for the Amber's, switch 1 for the low output (lp6) and then switch 2 for the high output (lp4 and 6), lastly have switch 3 for my amber XL80's. Should be sweet

* i will use the Trigger controller to switch the harness relays, that way i can have 1 switch not get overpowered by 4 lights.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a set of LP4's for the Rubicon steel bumper setup and they have EVERYTHING you need to install. Its a complete system. I'm going to hook them up to the Trigger 6 Shooter today. I'll also have a pair of LP6's showing up. I plan on using switch 6 for the Amber's, switch 1 for the low output (lp6) and then switch 2 for the high output (lp4 and 6), lastly have switch 3 for my amber XL80's. Should be sweet

* i will use the Trigger controller to switch the harness relays, that way i can have 1 switch not get overpowered by 4 lights.
Show us some pics when you get it done!

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect

I use Aux 1 for Bumper LP6 High Beam, Aux 2 for Windshield LP6 High Beam, Aux3 for Amber Backlight, Aux4 for my Rocklights. I don't see any point in using the lowbeam.

I bought the upfitter for the Bumper LP6 but then decided to make my own harness for the other set. Not that difficult to wire yourself, just have to follow the instructions and use the right gauge wire and don't power low and high beam together. In my case, I'm not using low at all.

I have to say, that the Upfitter wiring kit is some high quality goodness.

Picture below don't have the windshield LP6 mounted yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness IMG_0104

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing. Shoot me a PM with your original order info and I'll get you set up with a discount on the harness.
Hi, I sent you a PM about a week ago. Did you get it?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
She’s lovely. Thanks Baja

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 9031939C-714A-434B-BBF6-74D31C8FBF06
Great looking Jeep and lights! What is that bar sticking up vertically near the driver side headlight?

Sponsored

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
Great looking Jeep and lights! What is that bar sticking up vertically near the driver side headlight?
It's my UHF/CB Radio antenna. I am waiting on my tailgate reinforcement to arrive then relocate to the rear.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Ok... So, I modified the wiring harness to suit my needs. Here is my breakdown as well as some shot from the windshield.

I installed the Trigger Six Shooter to operate from my OEM aux4 button.

LP6 (and when I get them installed, LP4) amber running lights run off of OEM Aux1 button (so they turn on when the vehicle starts and are not dependant on the Trigger).

LP6 high output from Tigger switch 1.
LP6 low output from Tigger switch 2.
LP4 only output from Tigger switch 3 (once installed).
XL80 ambers from trigger switch4.

Here are some pics from my Samsung Galaxy Note 20+
OEM LED headlights:
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 20201128_181549

LP6 combo on low (headlights on):
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 20201128_181600

LP6 combo on high (led headlights on):
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 20201128_181545

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
Sorry, I'm not sure I am following.

You can purchase the upfitter harness on its own - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP-Series-Upfitter-Lock-Out-Harness.asp

Or as a set with lights - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-JT-Rubicon-Steel-Bumper-Kits.asp

There is a dropdown menu on the kits which allows you to select a standard toggle switch harness, or the upfitter harness.

If you are unsure of which you need, feel free to call our sales team at 800-422-5292
Will this harness work with the LP4? What harness is need for the Squadron Pros (4).
Sponsored