Architect

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you very much for the instructions. Wire harness 64-0167 looks like the best way to go for a Jeep with factory Aux switches. Built in relay to prevent power going to both low and high. Looks easy to install.

My question is there are a number of kits that are sold by Baja Designs and other online retailers. I do not see part numbers listed for the wire harnesses. For example, Northridge 4X4 sells a kit under part number 447671 . The pictures look like an upfitter harness but no part number is listed.

On the Baja Design website a kit is listed under part number 447671UP but the picture shows two wire harnesses included in the kit. No part number is listed.

Does wire harness 64-0167 come in any kit with the LP6 lights? Thanks for all the help.

Can't wait to get my hands on some new lights.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Thank you very much for the instructions. Wire harness 64-0167 looks like the best way to go for a Jeep with factory Aux switches. Built in relay to prevent power going to both low and high. Looks easy to install.

My question is there are a number of kits that are sold by Baja Designs and other online retailers. I do not see part numbers listed for the wire harnesses. For example, Northridge 4X4 sells a kit under part number 447671 . The pictures look like an upfitter harness but no part number is listed.

On the Baja Design website a kit is listed under part number 447671UP but the picture shows two wire harnesses included in the kit. No part number is listed.

Does wire harness 64-0167 come in any kit with the LP6 lights? Thanks for all the help.

Can't wait to get my hands on some new lights.
Sorry, I'm not sure I am following.

You can purchase the upfitter harness on its own - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP-Series-Upfitter-Lock-Out-Harness.asp

Or as a set with lights - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-JT-Rubicon-Steel-Bumper-Kits.asp

There is a dropdown menu on the kits which allows you to select a standard toggle switch harness, or the upfitter harness.

If you are unsure of which you need, feel free to call our sales team at 800-422-5292

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I think you need to add these instructiosn to your site too. It's pretty vague for people looking to purchase :) Otherwise thank you.
Thanks for the suggestion! We typically have all of our instructions on the product pages. As far as make/model specific instructions, we unfortunately have to avoid this due to so much variation in model/submodels even within single year ranges. Jeeps especially have so much variation for things like this that we don't want to provide outdated or inconsistent information which may result in damage. We are always here for support, or can be reached at our office!

thegray.jl

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JRUL
The upfitter harness is for Jeeps that have the factory auxiliary switches or if they have an aftermarket switch panel (Switch-Pros or Spod). Since some Jeeps have everything (relay, switch, and fuse) already setup, all you need to do is run a power and ground lead.

On Jeeps that don't have a factory auxiliary switch panel, you would need the toggle switch harness. This also means you would have to locate a place in your dash to mount the switch. It's a completely standalone harness.
Hi completely new to wiring and have a quick question. I have a pair of lp6s I’m about to install. I also have the BantamX Spod. Would I still need to run the dual relay on the upfitter lockout harness? (is that what prevent high and low being on at the same time) Or can I just use two controller module harness and run power and ground to the lights? Just a bit confused why I would use the upfitter lockout wiring harness with the Spod since I thought the Spod already has a built in relay, switch, and fuse. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Hi completely new to wiring and have a quick question. I have a pair of lp6s I’m about to install. I also have the BantamX Spod. Would I still need to run the dual relay on the upfitter lockout harness? (is that what prevent high and low being on at the same time) Or can I just use two controller module harness and run power and ground to the lights? Just a bit confused why I would use the upfitter lockout wiring harness with the Spod since I thought the Spod already has a built in relay, switch, and fuse. Thanks!
Yes, please purchase the upfitter harness with lockout. You are correct, that is what prevents both circuits from being powered at the same time - which will cause a failure on the board.

thegray.jl

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JRUL
Yes, please purchase the upfitter harness with lockout. You are correct, that is what prevents both circuits from being powered at the same time - which will cause a failure on the board.
Installed it today. The harness definetely made it super easy. I love it. Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 64EE01F1-DB80-430D-A4EA-AD32063532A8

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Here is another option I found in a post somewhere on this forum.I purchased this but have not installed it yet
Here is their description
Easily connect additional daytime running (DRL) or standard marker lamps to your Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT with the Daytime Running Lamp Adapter Wiring Harness. One of the wires allows you to tap into the ignition sourced daytime running lamp circuit on all JL Sahara's, Overland Gladiator JT and Rubicon JL & JT. The other wire allows you to tap into the running lamp/marker lamp circuit for backlit lighting such as our J5 light bar. Whether you are installing the Quadratec J3 LED light bar, J5 LED light bar, or any brand of auxiliary DRL lighting Quadratec has you covered. Customize your JL and JT with confidence.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/daytime-running-lamp-adapter-wiring-harness-jeep-wrangler-jl
Thanks for posting this I just grabbed this harness for my LP6 lights!!!

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
You shouldn't be using these lights in any mode on public roads. You're going to end up with one hell of a ticket.

I only wired the high mode on mine. I don't have a need for a lower brightness mode.
If you get an SPOD with the digital screen you can dim the fogs and high beams on the fly.

So for example I plan to still use the low beams as fog lights on the streets; however I will use the SPOD and dim them down to where they are at a safe level of brightness for the street.

Also the dimmer is sticky so if I dim the fogs to 20% for example on the fog switch on the SPODit will stay there but when I click high beam the full light will come on at 100%

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Sorry, I'm not sure I am following.

You can purchase the upfitter harness on its own - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP-Series-Upfitter-Lock-Out-Harness.asp

Or as a set with lights - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-JT-Rubicon-Steel-Bumper-Kits.asp

There is a dropdown menu on the kits which allows you to select a standard toggle switch harness, or the upfitter harness.

If you are unsure of which you need, feel free to call our sales team at 800-422-5292
@BajaDesigns I have a JL with SPOD and the upfitter lockout harness. I haven’t wired it up yet but I have a question.

Can I wire the DRL amber portion of the light to run with the stock turn signals?

So they would be running lights, hazard lights and turn signals in the front in addition to the high and low beams of course.

Is this possible by just tapping into the wire which powers the turn signal in the fender flare??? I would like to run the fender flare light and the DRL amber backlight both off the same wire if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Installed it today. The harness definetely made it super easy. I love it. Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Designs are Not JL Rubicon Install Friendly with their Harness 64EE01F1-DB80-430D-A4EA-AD32063532A8
Stoked that you are happy! Hope you enjoy the lights.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
@BajaDesigns I have a JL with SPOD and the upfitter lockout harness. I haven’t wired it up yet but I have a question.

Can I wire the DRL amber portion of the light to run with the stock turn signals?

So they would be running lights, hazard lights and turn signals in the front in addition to the high and low beams of course.

Is this possible by just tapping into the wire which powers the turn signal in the fender flare??? I would like to run the fender flare light and the DRL amber backlight both off the same wire if possible.

Thanks for your help!
Yes, you can wire the backlight into turn signals, DRL, or really anything that provides a 12v output.

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
Sooooo I was really excited after ordering my LP6 Pros.. But 1 of them arrived scratched to the point that you could see the bare metal..I think it has to do with the bracket, it should have been zip-tied down in the foam. I've already contacted customer service but I am so so sad. :(

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Has anybody else installed and wired the LP6 lights? I'm about 90% ready to pull the trigger on a set of these tomorrow. I've been told by BD that they run hot enough that they won't freeze over like most LED lights, in the winter, as well.

I'm debating connecting these to the Aux switches or just using the BD switch. I just don't like having to run wires into the cab. I've got a manual transmission, so there's no plug in the firewall through which I can bring it. I'm leaning slightly toward the Aux switches.

Also, how easy is it to find the DRL wire or parking light wire to run the amber back lighting?

I've not had any trouble wiring other lights, but I'm also no electrical expert, so I'm a little nervous about putting this together with the aux switches.

One more thing...Anyone have more pics of these? I'm planning on putting them right on the steel bumper.
I just bought the Trigger Controller for this reason. I have the Mopar Aux panel but not sure i want to test the harness with high output leds.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Sooooo I was really excited after ordering my LP6 Pros.. But 1 of them arrived scratched to the point that you could see the bare metal..I think it has to do with the bracket, it should have been zip-tied down in the foam. I've already contacted customer service but I am so so sad. :(
Uhg! Huge bummer. I am going to send an additional note to production and engineering so that they are aware and can make any necessary process revisions.

Our team should take good care of you on the replacement, but I'm very sorry to hear about the setback :(
Sponsored