Sponsored

Badge Trails in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. Heading out soon if you have run these and have any insight let me know.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My wife has been killing the overtime. She has been working five or six double shifts (16 hour days) a week since the first part of December and told me she needs a break. So we are meeting some friends in a condo down by Orlando for a week. My wife will fly down and back, I plan to leave a week before her and wheel, the badge trails and surrounding trails for a week or so before she lands.

There will be four of us in JLURs traveling together. One of the JLUR is heading to Texas from Alabama and one is heading back home after Alabama. then two of us are heading to Florida.

So if you have wheeled in the areas around the badge trails in Georgia, Alabama and Florida, and can suggest other do not miss trails besides the badge trails, that would be awesome. We plan two days in Georgia, two days in Alabama and a day for wheeling in Florida unless there is something that I am missing. I can spend two days in Florida also before having to be to the airport to pick up my wife.

Any insight will be appreciated.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We have done the Georgia and Alabama trip. The highlight was definitely Stony Lonesome. We did 2 of the badge trails. Third was closed. I left a little early but the group that stayed did a trail there that was their favorite. I don’t remember the number. Maybe @UNC Rubicon can weigh in.

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe Beasley Knob will be open until mid-March. However, there are so many options in N. GA that aren't Badge trails that you'll still have fun. Windrock should be fun up in TN

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Stony Lonesome was a unique place. We completed 2 badge trails while there - 404 and Switchback. Both were underwhelming. Switchback was super short. Gut Buster was closed because the trail had deteriorated so much according to the staff. The best trail we rode while we were there was Bootleg Creek.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I don't believe Beasley Knob will be open until mid-March. However, there are so many options in N. GA that aren't Badge trails that you'll still have fun. Windrock should be fun up in TN
We looked all around N Georgia for trails in case Beasley was closed. We did Charlie’s Creek which was a nice scenic trail but not technical. The rest was just forest roads unless you went up into Tennessee. There are two big parks there (Windrock and Adventure Off-road Park) and some trails around Chattanooga. I’ve only done Windrock but looking forward to seeing more of Tennessee.

If you have other recommendations in N Georgia I’d love to hear them. I love that area.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Have been wheeling Windrock since the early 2000s.... Back then it was atvs. Been to Windrock three times with Jeeps. So while I like Windrock, I will be driving by it for trails that I have not run. While we are chasing badges, We just like to wheel new spots. The trails don't have to be hard or technical, more than anything, just looking for trails in better weather. Weather here in Michigan is getting long in the tooth and need a break from the cold. So heading south is the current answer.

Not a good look out.. More than anything, I am tired of hearing my furnace kick on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Badge Trails in Georgia, Alabama and Florida.  Heading out soon if you have run these and have any insight let me know. 1613222900527

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase