OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Think you missed the part about the “family” fun as it’s a minivan that can seat up to 8 people and carry 140.5 cubic feet.

Wrangler is the Baddest Off-Road” go anywhere, do anything vehicle.

Two TOTALLY different vehicles...

The wrangler should have won both of those. How can a Pacifica be more of a fun finder than a Wrangler? Inconceivable!

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
We may be a little biased ;) But agreed, the Wrangler should've won both but not sure that is allowed...lol.

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
The reason is because it comes down to two different classes of vehicles, intended for two different audiences.
Couldn't disagree more... my Oil Field worker and Marine grew up in Evos, FJs, and 4Runners to name a few. ;)

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
The wrangler should have won both of those. How can a Pacifica be more of a fun finder than a Wrangler? Inconceivable!
Minivans are a revelation for families with 2+ kids:
-Doors that kids as young as two can open/close themselves WITHOUT RISK OF DOOR DINGS
-Two people can comfortably sleep in the back with the second and third row lowered/removed, no matter how tall they are
-Highest ratio of passenger volume to length of any passenger vehicle type
-Low center console allows easy movement from front passenger seat to rear (frequently necessary with young kids)-except the Kia Sedona, which has a crossover-type center console

And they also have incredible utility for home improvement-type jobs. I have an F-250 that sits collecting rust, because I always take the Sienna to Lowe's:
-It swallows 10-ft lumber without even having to leave the hatch open
-It swallows 4x8 ft materials if you remove/lower the second and third row (stacked to the ceiling if you need it)
-Towing capacity of up to 3500 lbs is plenty to haul a utility trailer full of mulch or whatever

"Fun finder" isn't really the right description for a minivan, more like "Ideal tool for families". As a parent, I'd usually choose the absence of chaos over the presence of fun, and minivans are the best way to haul a family and their crap around without bad surprises. A Wrangler definitely enables some fun activities with the family, but it also introduces lots of headaches if it's your only family hauler. Buy both!

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Minivans are a revelation for families with 2+ kids:
-Doors that kids as young as two can open/close themselves WITHOUT RISK OF DOOR DINGS
-Two people can comfortably sleep in the back with the second and third row lowered/removed, no matter how tall they are
-Highest ratio of passenger volume to length of any passenger vehicle type
-Low center console allows easy movement from front passenger seat to rear (frequently necessary with young kids)-except the Kia Sedona, which has a crossover-type center console

And they also have incredible utility for home improvement-type jobs. I have an F-250 that sits collecting rust, because I always take the Sienna to Lowe's:
-It swallows 10-ft lumber without even having to leave the hatch open
-It swallows 4x8 ft materials if you remove/lower the second and third row (stacked to the ceiling if you need it)
-Towing capacity of up to 3500 lbs is plenty to haul a utility trailer full of mulch or whatever

"Fun finder" isn't really the right description for a minivan, more like "Ideal tool for families". As a parent, I'd usually choose the absence of chaos over the presence of fun, and minivans are the best way to haul a family and their crap around without bad surprises. A Wrangler definitely enables some fun activities with the family, but it also introduces lots of headaches if it's your only family hauler. Buy both!
As an owner of both a Pacifica and a JLUR, I can certainly attest to the merits of both. One thing that seems to often get overlooked with the Pacifica is how quiet it is on the highway. It is luxury car quiet. Now - certainly there are luxury cars out there that are quieter (for reference, my A6 is only a tad quieter than my Pacifica), but the Pacifica's noise levels would not be out of place in a $75K luxury SUV.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
As an owner of both a Pacifica and a JLUR, I can certainly attest to the merits of both. One thing that seems to often get overlooked with the Pacifica is how quiet it is on the highway. It is luxury car quiet. Now - certainly there are luxury cars out there that are quieter (for reference, my A6 is only a tad quieter than my Pacifica), but the Pacifica's noise levels would not be out of place in a $75K luxury SUV.
I was telling my wife the other day, a killer feature for minivans would be active noise cancellation of rear cabin noise for the front seats. I love the feature in the Sienna that lets me yell at the kids through the speakers, but an awesome complement would be something that mutes their snarky replies.

Although, I guess Wranglers already have this feature! It's called wind noise.
Sponsored