Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Having said that, the Fiat drives so much better on windy days than the Jeep.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

LOL ohhh my children you will understand someday. If you live life you get a LOT of rodeos under your saddle and a few of them will give you pause to think: How the hell did I live thru that. I could tell you stories about things that happened to me in war, but you will NEVER understand, you just have to live it and hope you get out alive!

In this case how did I do it? I was the only car not pulled over and stopped and they were the ones flipping. So it struck me...Newton's first law of motion.

"The first law says that an object at resttends to stay at rest, and an object in motion tends to stay in motion, with the same direction and speed."

I powered thru it HOPING I could and I did.

Next time you see a Tornado, Go For IT and join the club...LOL
Jeep Wrangler JL Badassery of the day!!!!!! A8C954E4-772F-4114-9139-CDA1CF2CD972

“is that you John Wayne?”

jcruse64

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
In this case how did I do it? I was the only car not pulled over and stopped and they were the ones flipping. So it struck me...Newton's first law of motion.

"The first law says that an object at rest tends to stay at rest, and an object in motion tends to stay in motion, with the same direction and speed."

I powered thru it HOPING I could and I did.

Next time you see a Tornado, Go For IT and join the club...LOL
Uhhhh, if an object in motion tends to stay in motion, so you were not the least affected, and Newton's First Law of Motion holds true, why did all of the objects at rest that you passed on by, including vehicles and houses that were most certainly at rest, NOT tend to stay at rest, and were very MUCH affected?

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Uhhhh, if an object in motion tends to stay in motion, so you were not the least affected, and Newton's First Law of Motion holds true, why did all of the objects at rest that you passed on by, including vehicles and houses that were most certainly at rest, NOT tend to stay at rest, and were very MUCH affected?
For the same reason why a Prop plane can fly thru a Hurricane.

A Tornado is not static instead it's very erratic in how it moves. An object at rest as in a car pull over receives a full impact of they wind generated vs a moving object. You have more dwell and force upon the stationary object that on a moving object. I just punched thru the wall of wind, vs setting there and letting the wind beat and get under my vehicle.

That said I went thru a MAJOR Hurricane, Ican. My home got the wind, S of me got the wind, rain and the eye. I was gusting to 144 mph and stripped the leaves off my trees. Having said that it was all the damage done, yet around me various houses the shingles and or roof was stripped off. WHY? My roof was metal and the roofs that were stripped were almost all asphalt shingle. Metal roof not textured vs meal roof smooth. Ican got it grips on the asphalt roof and tore them up.

Starting to smell the coffee.

FYI, Tornadoes are classified

Tornado Classification.
WeakEF0, EF1Wind speeds of 65 to 110 mph
StrongEF2, EF3Wind speeds of 111 to 165 mph
ViolentEF4, EF5Wind speeds of 166 to 200 mph or more

The Tornado I went thru was classified as weak due to the wind speed, does not mean it cannot rip a flat roof off of an old strip shopping center. What is on top the roof? HVAC units and a covering of some kind. Albeit stopped there often to eat lunch and things it was just up the street from the Main Entrance at Ft Banning Ga.

Yea I gambled and won. I knew if I stopped the tornado could get a grip on my vehicle and flip it so I nailed it went to full time 4wd and drove thru it like a plane.

THe reason I borrowed my buddy, another Cat I served with his rig was I was moving and had a lot of very heavy stuff, tools etc crammed in the back of his 76 Jeep Cherokee Chief. Laid the back flat and stuff that turkey and I sure weighed far more than 4500 lbs by a long shot.

Yea, got a rodeo or two under my saddle, 2 Hurricanes, one just a few months back and one when I took took the Queen Mary from NY To German, good grief did I get sea sick. 1 Typhoon, that sand blasted my Jeep down to bare metal; I was parked on a cliff overlooking the South China Sea. And 1 Tornado in Ft Banning Ga.