Sponsored

Bad speakers in 2018 Sport S speaker bar

Bionicrooster

Threads
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2018 Sport S, and the speakers have static sounds whenever there is any bass. Does anyone know a good set of replacements for them?
Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I just picked up a 2018 Sport S, and the speakers have static sounds whenever there is any bass. Does anyone know a good set of replacements for them?
I would check to make sure the dealer didn't set the EQ to high bass. I would always recommend just setting your EQ to 0. Even still, if you want upgraded speakers I have no input there.

OP
OP
Bionicrooster

Bionicrooster

Threads
Reaction score
I would check to make sure the dealer didn't set the EQ to high bass. I would always recommend just setting your EQ to 0. Even still, if you want upgraded speakers I have no input there.
yep - I checked that first. I heard there is both a speaker and subwoofer in the overhead rollbar, so i am not sure of I have one or multiple issues.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar sound issue, but it turned out to be just the plastic cover on the sounbad vibrating. Slightly tightning the sounbar screws fixed it.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
There are decent replacement speakers out there, but you have to make sure that the ohm’s match the factory speakers. If they don’t, you have to use resistors.
Sponsored