Sponsored

Bad news for a Vegas SEMA reveal

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
I am COMPLETELY new here and have just been following the JL discussion for several months and hope to finally buy my first Jeep Wrangler (2 Door) sometime next year. As an outsider, I look at the Wrangler as two completely different vehicles with completely different markets between the 2 door and the 4 door, I see no reason to stage a reveal for both models at the same time due to my view of the differences in the market audience. I admit - this is the outsider view from someone that has never owned a jeep. The larger market appears to be for the Wrangler Unlimited and the competition for this vehicle might well include other larger SUVs that will be on display at LA. I really do not see much competition for the 2 door Wrangler at LA but it seems to fit well in the SEMA audience.

So:

Why not have a reveal of the 2 door which is called a Jeep Wrangler by FCA at SEMA and then a reveal of the 4 door which is called a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in the LA Auto show?

As an aside, the vehicle reveal that has drawn so much attention here at SEMA has been rescheduled to 4PM instead of 5PM on 10/30/2017 according to the SEMA web site.
Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I am COMPLETELY new here and have just been following the JL discussion for several months and hope to finally buy my first Jeep Wrangler (2 Door) sometime next year. As an outsider, I look at the Wrangler as two completely different vehicles with completely different markets between the 2 door and the 4 door, I see no reason to stage a reveal for both models at the same time due to my view of the differences in the market audience. I admit - this is the outsider view from someone that has never owned a jeep. The larger market appears to be for the Wrangler Unlimited and the competition for this vehicle might well include other larger SUVs that will be on display at LA. I really do not see much competition for the 2 door Wrangler at LA but it seems to fit well in the SEMA audience.

So:

Why not have a reveal of the 2 door which is called a Jeep Wrangler by FCA at SEMA and then a reveal of the 4 door which is called a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in the LA Auto show?

As an aside, the vehicle reveal that has drawn so much attention here at SEMA has been rescheduled to 4PM instead of 5PM on 10/30/2017 according to the SEMA web site.
I see what your saying. But the Unlimited is the flag ship Wrangler. No way you don’t lead with your big guns.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Surely they'll give us some sneek peeks or let a few details creep out, right?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
so so far it isn't at SEMA and it isn't announced on the new reveal shows at LA. So when and where are we gonna see one?
LA

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Surely they'll give us some sneek peeks or let a few details creep out, right?
The huge sneak peeks and details already revealed here aren't enough? ;) I'm hoping we see something from SEMA too but I think it's gonna be LA auto show reveal after all. SEMA 2018 is gonna be insane tho with the amount of JL and JLU builds being showcased by Jeep and vendors.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I don't understand why these threads have even become a thing. Mike Manley himself has been saying that he'll show it off at the L.A. Auto Show for several months now.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why these threads have even become a thing. Mike Manley himself has been saying that he'll show it off at the L.A. Auto Show for several months now.
That was also before production was moved up a month, and before all the leaks it the inner-waves.
Sponsored