NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Are there any other Trackbar’s that anyone knows work with the Synergy relocation brackets and the Fox Steering Stabilizer with resi besides the RockJock?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Damn if it hits that bad without the resi then I don’t think there is anyway it’ll work. Thanks for the info
Sure, no worries…… here’s how much room I have now, driver wheel stuffed…..I’m not selling my Fox though, as great as the EC has been working for me, the only unknown is longevity………

Jeep Wrangler JL Bad idea?… Opinions. E008F209-E4CB-4AD8-A890-AD1AB5248D85

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any other Trackbar’s that anyone knows work with the Synergy relocation brackets and the Fox Steering Stabilizer with resi besides the RockJock?
Clayton, Metal Cloak, Steer Smarts, Rustys….. there are several…just as long as it bends up and out or just up….either way….

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, no worries…… here’s how much room I have now, driver wheel stuffed…..I’m not selling my Fox though, as great as the EC has been working for me, the only unknown is longevity………

Jeep Wrangler JL Bad idea?… Opinions. E008F209-E4CB-4AD8-A890-AD1AB5248D85

Looks good. I liked the EC but it stopped playing nice with my setup. Can’t exactly blame it because other parts changed but for the tone being I’m not putting it back on :/

Good to know the Clayton will work. I’m going to have the shop check it out tomorrow and check if it’ it needs a new set of bushings. Clayton will send replacements so that would be an easy route since I already have it.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to mount the Fox SS onto the Synergy bolt. The b bolt is too thick to fit into the female end on the stabilizer. Anything else have that issue?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Went to mount the Fox SS onto the Synergy bolt. The b bolt is too thick to fit into the female end on the stabilizer. Anything else have that issue?
Yeah, just run a half inch bit through the shock eye, it will go through easy, it’s just a hair off……it’s a common occurrence……

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, just run a half inch bit through the shock eye, it will go through easy, it’s just a hair off……it’s a common occurrence……

Female and in the Fox is .496” the outer male end of the Synergy bolt was .505” the half inch bit passed right through but my bit measuring .510” I couldn’t get it through it using my drill press. I eventually gave up and mounted it to the stock location…. Again 🤦🏻

Would be nice if they made mention of the necessary modification beforehand heh

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Female and in the Fox is .496” the outer male end of the Synergy bolt was .505” the half inch bit passed right through but my bit measuring .510” I couldn’t get it through it using my drill press. I eventually gave up and mounted it to the stock location…. Again 🤦🏻

Would be nice if they made mention of the necessary modification beforehand heh
Yeah, they mention it, but they should say “some stabilizers” instead of “stock stabilizer” ………😠

Jeep Wrangler JL Bad idea?… Opinions. D07E47CD-5DC7-48C7-9350-D2C87B69B46D

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, they mention it, but they should say “some stabilizers” instead of “stock stabilizer” ………😠

Jeep Wrangler JL Bad idea?… Opinions. D07E47CD-5DC7-48C7-9350-D2C87B69B46D

Must’ve missed that part! Thanks, maybe when I get the umph to get at it again I’ll try it.

On a side note the Clayton Trackbar checked out and seems to be on good shape. The new Dynatrac HD Ball Joints are amazing and I’ve not had DW in a few weeks. The Jeep feels amazing

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Must’ve missed that part! Thanks, maybe when I get the umph to get at it again I’ll try it.

On a side note the Clayton Trackbar checked out and seems to be on good shape. The new Dynatrac HD Ball Joints are amazing and I’ve not had DW in a few weeks. The Jeep feels amazing
Awesome!!

Sponsored

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
All of this. Not sure if someone said it flat out in the 4+ pages, but I'll be blunt:
Steering stabilizers will not fix deathwobble.
Death wobble is caused by incorrect suspension geometry or worn parts.
To me, it sounds like the dimensions on the 392 axles are different than OEM sport lots and the rest of your steering/ suspension is calibrated based on the OEM Sport axle/ geometry. That alone could be causing the problem.
I did see the track bar bushing is getting replaced- that's good, and could be contributing to it. I would work my way in from the hubs, checking all parts for loose/play/ oblonged mounting holes. Failing that, I would double check your alignment and caster.
I'm running 2'' lift on JLUR w/ 35's. I'm at 7.2 degrees of caster w/ my control arm set up. Bump steer started at 34K miles about a week or so ago. I replaced stock SS w/ Fox TS and bump steer is gone and jeep steers and tracks better than it ever has. That being said, Clayton told me that my 7.2 caster on 2" of lift is too much. Do you think dialing back closer to 6 degrees is a good idea? All of my bolts are torqued to speck and bushings looks good. Thanks for your thoughts!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I'm running 2'' lift on JLUR w/ 35's. I'm at 7.2 degrees of caster w/ my control arm set up. Bump steer started at 34K miles about a week or so ago. I replaced stock SS w/ Fox TS and bump steer is gone and jeep steers and tracks better than it ever has. That being said, Clayton told me that my 7.2 caster on 2" of lift is too much. Do you think dialing back closer to 6 degrees is a good idea? All of my bolts are torqued to speck and bushings looks good. Thanks for your thoughts!
I'm not super well versed in specifics with the JLUR because full disclaimer: I've never had to deal with them personally, at least on this Jeep. It drove great stock and drives great lifted. I would say adjusting your caster seems to do the trick for a lot of the JL's experiencing Death wobble, **AFTER ALL OTHER AVENUES HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED AS THE POTENTIAL CAUSE** (can't stress that enough). So as long as all of your suspension parts are firm, bolts are tight, there are no oblonged bolt holes, and bushings are all good, then you can probably start checking into caster. There are a ton of threads on here that have more specific measurements than I'm familiar with, and tons more in depth info from people who have had hands on time solving this issue.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
If it rides that good I would leave it. Enjoy the ride.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code