Sponsored

Bad experience w Northridge4x4 anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLast929

First Name
Gibb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 JL Wrangler 4XE and a bunch of non-Jeeps.
know that this is not the case with the OP, but some people really abuse the free return process.
Many retailers have changed their return policies in the last few years. My personal opinion based on what I hear about and have seen firsthand is that the policies had to change because of all the less than honorable people that took advantage of the systems in place.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Theyre not amazon. Amazon does $1 billion in shipping and pays a fraction what a normal business pays. so of course they can absorb the return shipping. You have very large items that you want to ship back because you changed your mind. You cant expect N4x4 to eat that. Ive shipped a LOT over the years. shipping has skyrocketed since covid. Just look at usps priority rates now. N4x4 is not a billion dollar company like amazon or walmart. Get a shipping quote yourself just for science and ill bet you $200 is less than what youā€™d pay unless you have a commercial account or access.

if i were youd id just sell them locally for $100 less.

im willing to bet all the online jeep vendors have similar return policy. Maybe just buy everything for your jeep from amazon from now on.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Northridge 4X4 is simply awesome. They are helpful, personable and professional.

That is until you need to return something.

I learned I need to be sure I am not going to want to return something before I hit that button.

Are you saying theyre not professional or helpful if you need to return something? Or just because they dont pay for the shipping for a return?

Rock Auto does this. It really pissed me off because they had the year range for the part wrong and it said the fuel pump fit my suv but it didnt. And there is no way to contact anyone there. That was their error and i still had to pay!

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Itā€™s funny that people think shipping is cheap. When a vendor offers free shipping these days I am shocked. I tend to ship parts all around the United States and if someone wants to return the part there is a 15% restock fee plus shipping cost. Most places cannot stay in business with the extreme cost of shipping these days. Iā€™m taking just a 4 lb 12ā€x12ā€x12ā€ box overnight can run you $60+ bucks something that five years ago cost me 15-20 bucks.
Maybe economy of scale? At work, it costs us a small fortune to individually ship the exact same product we get from our distributors at little to no added shipping fee. There's always a 15% restock fee from them and we pay the return postage, but never get retroactively charged for the initial free/cheap shipping fees. It's still a lost expense for us and for them as well, so it's something we proactively try to avoid.

As long as we keep spending enough money on each single order, most of them will either waive or charge only a few bucks for shipping. Other than them likely getting massive discounts for bulk shipping on such a large scale, I'm sure the expense of packaging, insurance and shipping is already factored into their selling price and restock fee.

But yeah, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So you decided you didn't want the item and they are supposed to eat the costs of shipping both ways? Not only are they losing a sale your transaction would cost them money if they didn't try to recoup shipping. Sounds like sound business decision to me.

If the item was defective or not as described I could see being upset about paying the shipping but since you decided you just didn't want the item the shipping should be at your expense

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Are you saying theyre not professional or helpful if you need to return something? Or just because they dont pay for the shipping for a return?

Rock Auto does this. It really pissed me off because they had the year range for the part wrong and it said the fuel pump fit my suv but it didnt. And there is no way to contact anyone there. That was their error and i still had to pay!
I bought some large, heavy moog A-arms from Rock Auto, one of which arrived damaged. I managed to get a replacement and a return shipping label. But it was difficult.

BTW, overall, I've enjoyed great prices and service from N4x4. The one exception is their rewards point program. I had points "used" against a purchase without getting the price credited. Other than that they have been great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
I bought some large, heavy moog A-arms from Rock Auto, one of which arrived damaged. I managed to get a replacement and a return shipping label. But it was difficult.
Thatā€™s different from just deciding you donā€™t want the item, thatā€™s good customer service.

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Iā€™ve had great luck with northridge4x4. Hopefully you and they can arrive at an acceptable solution for you both. Good luck with everything.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Even though we do not sell through @Northridge4x4 they have always been an outstanding company... if we ever change our policy on resellers, they are the top of our list to sign up.
If this isn't the best endorsement out there not sure what is.

This post definitely hasn't gone the way OP had hoped.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I have ordered items from Amazon and been charged for the returns. Especially with oddly shaped items. Sometimes the charge is more than the item purchase was initially. I am sure that it is written in their policies for returns and shipping. Don't get on a forum just to blast a company for enforcing their policies that were clearly overlooked or never read. They are willing to help you our by providing a discount for customer good will. They do not have to do this at all. They are a very personable company and are willing to help out with any inquiries as the above posts have attested to. So many people are quick to complain and blast companies online. It is unfortunate that the massive amount of good experiences go untold and do not appear when you look for reviews on a company. Nr4x4 has always, ALWAYS been an outstanding group to work with and are very personable, which can cause some folks to forget that they are a business run by families. They support these families through their sales AND policies. Next time you run into something like this and they offer the slightest discount to provide the services, remember that they are taking away from their business (therefor the families being supported) in order to make you happy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.