Sponsored

Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That back bumper is good looking. Might have just made the wish-list if I can figure out something for my plate. Probably moving to the tire but I don't want to do an aftermarket carrier or lose my camera. That finish on the warn rear is what I want. Looks like it matches the stock front bumper and rubi rails.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
That back bumper is good looking. Might have just made the wish-list if I can figure out something for my plate. Probably moving to the tire but I don't want to do an aftermarket carrier or lose my camera. That finish on the warn rear is what I want. Looks like it matches the stock front bumper and rubi rails.
What is your issue with the plate?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What is your issue with the plate?
I wanted to leave it where it was. I don't want it in the JK position and I don't want to change out my tire carrier. I'm guessing i can find something that's not ugly that works with the stock carrier and doesn't cover the camera.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Ok you don't like the JK style?

Other than that, the JK style plate fits without moving the spare tire

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
After several failed attempts, I found that this is the best direction of location for the factory back up sonar sensors on the 2020 Wrangler JLU.

Hopefully, Warn will furnish this information in their updated installation instructions, so other will not endure the grief that I did?

Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Rear Sensor Direction.jpg
Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Center Sensor Direction.jpg
Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Center Sensor Direction.jpg
Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Outside Sensor Direction.jpg
Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Outside Sensor Direction.jpg
With, or without, the Red
Shackles attached, the sensors were picking up the Warn protruded attachment ears.

So, spinning the sensors toward the center and level, rather than straight back and level, worked out perfect.
Hey man I have a Rival rear bumper I can’t get to play nice with my sensors. I’m now looking for alternatives. Were you able to get the Warren Bumper to play 100% nice with the sensors. My current bumper gets lots of false alarms to the point of me just wanting to turn it off.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Hey man I have a Rival rear bumper I can’t get to play nice with my sensors. I’m now looking for alternatives. Were you able to get the Warren Bumper to play 100% nice with the sensors. My current bumper gets lots of false alarms to the point of me just wanting to turn it off.
I still get some false alarms, but 80% of the time it's OK. The key is to keep them pointed away from the tow loops and the ground below. The false alarms that I still get is when the Jeep's front bumper is higher than the rear bumper and the sensors then pick up more ground activity.

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
No, stock 33" tires. I've had no issues- the back-up sensors work great.
Did you install your sensors the same way as DonBindas? If not which way did you direct yours?

RMY

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
After several failed attempts, I found that this is the best direction of location for the factory back up sonar sensors on the 2020 Wrangler JLU.

Hopefully, Warn will furnish this information in their updated installation instructions, so other will not endure the grief that I did?

Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper 617%2BGH97jQL._AC_SL1000_
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper 617%2BGH97jQL._AC_SL1000_
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Rear Sensor Direction
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Center Sensor Direction
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Center Sensor Direction
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Outside Sensor Direction
With, or without, the Red
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Rear Sensor Direction
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Left Center Sensor Direction
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup sensor in Warn JL Elite Rear Bumper Warn Elite 102410 Rear Jeep JLU Bumper Right Center Sensor Direction
Shackles attached, the sensors were picking up the Warn protruded attachment ears.

So, spinning the sensors toward the center and level, rather than straight back and level, worked out perfect.
So, I noticed in the instructions the sensor bezels for the STEEL bumper were required. Thanks for the pictures. So, not level but rotated slightly inward? Did you have to grind down the small tabs on the bezels?

IMG_7210.JPG
Sponsored