Backup/Reverse Warning Lights & (ParkSense) Tone w/ Oversize Spare Tire

DogDoc

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Okay. I took the one spacer set I installed behind the tire mount out and the backup warning went away. All is good.
Realize this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem with my 2021 and I have the same spare tire mount I believe. My spacers appear to be less than 1/2 inch thick, is this the same as your spacers, and was moving the tire back less than 1/2" enough to make the difference?
Sponsored

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Realize this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem with my 2021 and I have the same spare tire mount I believe. My spacers appear to be less than 1/2 inch thick, is this the same as your spacers, and was moving the tire back less than 1/2" enough to make the difference?
I replaced the rear bumper with a Warn Elite that has the spare tire mount swing arm on it. But I believe it was 1/2 inch spacers that was installed on the Mopar setup. It got rid of the warning tone but you still see a good amount of wheel in your backup camera. Hope this helps. Sometimes you have to do a lot of trial and error work.

JAC34

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I just came across this thread after installing the GO RHINO relocation bracket with my 35" tire/Fuel 17" x 8.5" wheels, -6, 4.5 BS. Same thing, back up sensor goes crazy.

After reading some other threads I understand rotating the tire around may fix the issue. I did this and it seemed to work (don't know how or why) but then started up again.

Any other advice?
Sponsored