Sponsored

Backup Park Assist Alarm question

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Does the backup park assist just use the four sensors, or does it use the camera as well? I have a bigger rim for a spare and now I'm trying to figure out why the chime goes off in reverse. Sensors are clean, and I can see part of the rim in the red area of the camera. I don't remember if I could see any of the rim with the stock wheel. 2021 Rubicon JLU. Still using stock 33" tires. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I don't know if this will be much help, but a larger wheel *could* trigger the sensor, I do not beleive the backup sensor/alarm is tied into the camera as far as sensing various "triggers"

on another hand, my daughter has a Sport S with the backup sensors: we put on method wheels & rubicon tires & it was enough to set off the sensor....get this....until we put a spare tire cover on the tire & the backup warning disappeared. when she had a flat, same thing, backup sensor alarm went off all the time until we put the cover back on the spare

OP
OP
Paulguy100

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I don't know if this will be much help, but a larger wheel *could* trigger the sensor, I do not beleive the backup sensor/alarm is tied into the camera as far as sensing various "triggers"

on another hand, my daughter has a Sport S with the backup sensors: we put on method wheels & rubicon tires & it was enough to set off the sensor....get this....until we put a spare tire cover on the tire & the backup warning disappeared. when she had a flat, same thing, backup sensor alarm went off all the time until we put the cover back on the spare
Very interesting. I was actually going to return a spare tire cover. I better put it on first and see what happens. I would think this would be a common problem. Thanks!

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Does the backup park assist just use the four sensors, or does it use the camera as well? I have a bigger rim for a spare and now I'm trying to figure out why the chime goes off in reverse. Sensors are clean, and I can see part of the rim in the red area of the camera. I don't remember if I could see any of the rim with the stock wheel. 2021 Rubicon JLU. Still using stock 33" tires. Any thoughts?
I had the same issue when I upgraded tires and rims. Went with 35" tires on 17x9 rims with a -12 offset ... it's the offset that matters more ... The spare tire sticks out further from the tailgate than a factory spare does and casts a shadow over one or both of the inboard sensors causing them to constantly go off. I had to use a spare tire relocation kit to get rid of the problem. Works perfect now though.

OP
OP
Paulguy100

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I had the same issue when I upgraded tires and rims. Went with 35" tires on 17x9 rims with a -12 offset ... it's the offset that matters more ... The spare tire sticks out further from the tailgate than a factory spare does and casts a shadow over one or both of the inboard sensors causing them to constantly go off. I had to use a spare tire relocation kit to get rid of the problem. Works perfect now though.
Thank you, can I ask which relocation kit?

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
My sensors are angry after putting new wheels on today. I think I can just disable the with the Tazer but what options are available with change? My Tazer is in route so can’t play with it...just curious?

“Enable/Disable/Change Parksense configuration”
Sponsored