Backup Camera Radio glitch - blue screen and unavailable message

rovergar

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I have a brand new 2020 Sahara Unlimited and this has happened twice in the first 2000 miles.

Backup camera doesn’t work (blue screen) and says it isn’t available. Also, at the same time satellite AND terrestrial radio goes in and out. 3 seconds on with a half second “drop out”. This repeats over and over.

Then it fixes itself.

Anyone else? What is this all about.
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I have a brand new 2020 Sahara Unlimited and this has happened twice in the first 2000 miles.

Backup camera doesn’t work (blue screen) and says it isn’t available. Also, at the same time satellite AND terrestrial radio goes in and out. 3 seconds on with a half second “drop out”. This repeats over and over.

Then it fixes itself.

A Jeep thang. This happened when the JL was first released too. They're too busy with the 4xE.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
For me too, the reversing camera is sometimes "unavailable" ... and it's scandalous that this kind of "problem" happens.

I have a Tazer, I do a "full rebbot" and my camera comes back as if by a miracle, once again it's not really normal for a car at this price !

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Then it fixes itself.

For me too, the reversing camera is sometimes "unavailable" ... and it's scandalous that this kind of "problem" happens.

I have a Tazer, I do a "full rebbot" and my camera comes back as if by a miracle, once again it's not really normal for a car at this price !

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares
Thank you for your message, but dealers are either incompetent or they can't do anything without a decision (order) from FCA, so in short they can't do anything.

For now my Tazer is "fixing" the problem and it saves me from wasting my time with a dealer and getting upset.
Personally I have two problems in progress, the change of the steering box and due to chips in my front axle, then the indicators of the blockage that are flashing, I'm waiting, I'm waiting for a decision of what will be repaired, fortunately my car is still under warranty.

Question: can you do something for people living in Europe?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares
Thank you for your message, but dealers are either incompetent or they can't do anything without a decision (order) from FCA, so in short they can't do anything.

For now my Tazer is "fixing" the problem and it saves me from wasting my time with a dealer and getting upset.
Personally I have two problems in progress, the change of the steering box and due to chips in my front axle, then the indicators of the blockage that are flashing, I'm waiting, I'm waiting for a decision of what will be repaired, fortunately my car is still under warranty.

Question: can you do something for people living in Europe?
Hi @SwissSteph,

Unfortunately, our team is unable to assist customers outside of the United States. However, you can use our "Find Your Country" tool here to get connected to the Customer Care in your region: https://www.fcacountryfinder.com/

Darlene
Jeep Cares

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I don't believe it. Thank you all the same for answering me personally.

I have been waiting since September 7th for an answer for the change of my box, in addition to giving the official FCA sheet published here on this forum.

It's unacceptable to have to wait like this for an important problem and for a car under warranty.

DusanJL

First Name
Dušan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLR, 2.0, Granite
Vehicle Showcase
Just came across this thread...

Hi SwissSteph,
Let me tell you, I absolutely share your frustration!

I also find it totally absurd with Jeep support here in European union. I am Canadian, curreny workong and living in Slovakia, purchased my '18 Rubicon in Germany. And I found myself being completely left alone by FCA, no matter where I turn.
No help from Jeep Cares because it's for NA customers only (WHY?!), European phone support center asks me to visit my dealer (gee, what a smart advice, right?), every single dealer where I tried to resolve any of the issues simply ignores TSBs saying "sorry, it's not FCA recall" and I am required to pay for literally EVERYTHING even the car is still under warranty.

Well, fine FCA! You ignore me as a client, who by the way paid 59k€ for a new stock 2-door rubi, which is by the way more than double compared to price US customers pay, I will ignore you FCA.
Lets see who will regret it more in 10 years...

This was 11th Jeep in our family, but definitely the last one!

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello DusanJL,

Sorry for these problems you have too.

On my side, and only thanks to the intervention of a lawyer, I have my front deck which has (finally) been changed and this time without asking me to pay.
Subsequently, my lawyer wrote to FCA to put them in front of the legal position regarding my steering box, knowing that the last bulletin is very clear and that legally they would be responsible if I had an accident, the "dead line" for their answer is in two days, for the moment no news, but I won't let anything pass for a non-existent service.

As you say, in the USA they still have support for "Jeepcars" here on this forum. I also phoned the "Jeep / FCA Europe support" they are totally useless and incompetent!

I am very disappointed ... and the word is very weak, but I can't write here what I really think.

Good luck to you
Sponsored