Backup camera not working and radio cuts in and out

chanhyoon

First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
I had replaced whole navigation system due to screen freeze and replaced backup camera two times due to guide line was disappeared occasionally. Still have same issue. It is at the dealership right now for the fourth time due to screen freeze.
Sponsored

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I have the same problem 2020 jlu

3CA2EE42-1CAC-4D70-A57E-7696974F6F40.jpeg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the same problem 2020 jlu

Jeep Wrangler JL Backup camera not working and radio cuts in and out 3CA2EE42-1CAC-4D70-A57E-7696974F6F40
I have a similar problem in 2021 JLIR, but the screen is black.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Thank for your response. I didn't open any cases. I've read in this forum that rebooting the system helps and it worked for me. The camera started working again after restart. Appears to be a software glitch.

Reactions: SVR

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank for your response. I didn't open any cases. I've read in this forum that rebooting the system helps and it worked for me. The camera started working again after restart. Appears to be a software glitch.
I'm happy to hear things are back to normal. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Riverduck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Security Contractor (Retired Military)
I had the same issue with the blue screen and radio cutting in and out and it corrected itself after a few hours. The more annoying problem for me is the WiFi or lack of. Sometimes it will start back up after the vehicle is shut off and sits for a couple minutes or worse case after it sits all night. I know itā€™s not a signal issue because my Silverado can be setting right next to it and is receiving the same AT &T signal.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had the same issue with the blue screen and radio cutting in and out and it corrected itself after a few hours. The more annoying problem for me is the WiFi or lack of. Sometimes it will start back up after the vehicle is shut off and sits for a couple minutes or worse case after it sits all night. I know itā€™s not a signal issue because my Silverado can be setting right next to and is receiving the same AT &T signal.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares

21RubiconZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2007 VN2000
I have the same issue. Blue screen for front and rear cameras (2021), audio cutting out and on every two seconds. Happened about 2 months ago, right after I reinstalled my Tazer. Thought it was the Tazer. I kept rebooting and it finally cleared. Happened again today. Haven't done anything with the Tazer lately. l tried several reboots, won't clear. Then I found this thread. Definitely doesn't sound like a Tazer issue. I doubt it is the rear camera, since the front does the same. I think you're right about the software glitch. Hopefully it will be cleared in the morning. I really hate taking it to the dealer, especially if they have no clue what the cause or fix is.

21RubiconZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2007 VN2000
My issue carried onto the next day (yesterday). I tried so many things. I unmarried my tazer, unhooked both batteries, still didn't work. Then I put the Tazer back in and disabled my cameras. Now the stereo works correctly. I then enabled the cameras through the Tazer and everything worked. I found that if I did a reboot after enabling the cameras it would fail again. So just don't do a reboot after enabling. Not a true fix. Jeep needs to work that out, but at least things are working. Very frustrating!
Sponsored