George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Howdy all.

I had a question and what better community to ask. So I have an @ROCK HARD 4X4 tire relocation bracket. It uses the stock tire carrier and move the gate isolators to the relocation bracket so they can move in/out.

So I guess my question is how does this all work with backspacing. So the stock Rubi tires I think have 6" or so of backspacing.

So if I get a tire with MORE backspacing then I can use spacers to keep it off the gate correct?
If I get a tire with a lot LESS backspacing then the tire might be a few inches away from the gate.

Am I figuring this all out correctly?

The goal is that a tire will be snug on the isolators correct? The carrier I have allowing me to adjust them in and out should make that easy.

So for say this wheel which has 4.5" of backspacing (1.5" less than stock) I may need 1.5" of spacers correct?

Thanks in advance all.
Sponsored

R4D4R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
If your bumpers dont touch the wheel, you can opt for some aftermarket bumpstops. I have a set from Daystar and they are fine for what they are; foam bumpers that keep the tire from moving about

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I had to extend my bumpstops out about 3/4", used 3/4" pvc couplers with stool pads over them, cost about $7 and work great.

Jeep Wrangler JL Backspacing and the stock tire carrier IMG_0451.JPG

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The shop that did my work used some heavy duty hose as extensions and my spare is rock solid .... you need to have the spare somewhat compress the bumper of your choice as you surely don’t want the spare bouncy
Sponsored