Sponsored

Backspacing and Offset to Run 35”

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Here's a good site for comparing wheel/tire combos, does a good job of explaining the effects & the fit along w/ visual.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
Keep in mind Rubicons have higher clearance fenders too.
I have a high fender kit along w/ 8.5 +10 offset, will be running 315/70s soon (currently on 295/70s and no contact problems). If I end up having any contact at full articulation I may have to go with a bit taller bump stop, but I think I'll be ok.
I think something close to a zero offset in an 8.5" width should get you in the "no contact zone" w/ your Rubi springs w/ a 35x12.5, otherwise those narrower 35s would be a good way to go.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Which part? The stock rubicon suspension doesn’t do 35’s offroad without rubbing. Link.
Well not with that offset... There are plenty of forum members with 35s on stock Rubicons and stock wheels with slight rubbing. For absolutely no rubbing you should probably have a 1/2" bump stop spacer to run 35s on a stock Rubicon.

I don't know as much about the Sport/Sahara width axles, but in addition to the bump stops I could see needing a 1" wheel spacer to keep the tire from contacting the inner fender during flex (although I'm not 100% sure this is necessary). The 1" spacer will also change the scrub radius, which could cause issues with tire clearance when turning lock-to-lock (again I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is correct).

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Here's a good site for comparing wheel/tire combos, does a good job of explaining the effects & the fit along w/ visual.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
Keep in mind Rubicons have higher clearance fenders too.
I have a high fender kit along w/ 8.5 +10 offset, will be running 315/70s soon (currently on 295/70s and no contact problems). If I end up having any contact at full articulation I may have to go with a bit taller bump stop, but I think I'll be ok.
I think something close to a zero offset in an 8.5" width should get you in the "no contact zone" w/ your Rubi springs w/ a 35x12.5, otherwise those narrower 35s would be a good way to go.
I have the rubicon fenders. I am thinking that In order to run 12.5 wide tires I will need to get -30mm offset, and maybe 4.5inch of backspacing? That might not be right though. I dont think it is lol
Sponsored