Sponsored

Back of driver's seat won't stay connected.

strogg

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The molle panel on the back of my driver's seat won't stay connected. What is this piece even called? I've tried googling a bit but can't seem to find the correct search term.
20190312_131025.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

phranque1673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
It should unclip from the bottom and come off. Usually there are tabs at the top that slide in first and then the bottom clips in. Maybe the bottom clips busted or are loose.

OP
OP

strogg

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I brought it by the dealer and they told me that the factory had "forgotten to install some bolts in the seat" and that they "had extra bolts laying around and put them in"... Whatever, it's fixed now!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
That separation would've bothered the hell outta me.

Forgotten... at the factory? Well, that was nice of them to repair what they were obliged to do. I guess that's another reason why they load us up with that extra quart of oil. ;) Extra quarts laying around.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Mine completely fell off. Won’t stay on; one bottom clip is mangled and another is broken off. No idea how it happened... pretty lame.

A34703ED-47F6-4EA9-B4B8-87242212F240.jpeg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap...I wonder what dealer excuse you'll get... that's alot more than a few missing bolts. That's poor quality control.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Holy crap...I wonder what dealer excuse you'll get... that's alot more than a few missing bolts. That's poor quality control.
Man you weren't kidding. They want $200 for the part & $200 labor to install it. Says the whole seat needs to come out.

fred.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Man you weren't kidding. They want $200 for the part & $200 labor to install it. Says the whole seat needs to come out.

fred.jpg
Umm...what? That's an obvious warranty repair.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Umm...what? That's an obvious warranty repair.
He said there's "an impact mark on it" so will not cover it. Like something in the cargo area slammed against it and broke the clips. Whatever dude. I've been driving around with a totally empty cargo area for ages, so maybe it happened last camping trip when it was full of gear? And then decided to fall off 3 months later. Super lame.. I never really inspected it closely so didn't want to "get into it"... said I'll just come pick it up. Tempted to buy the part myself and try to put it on.. I suspect his "taking the whole seat out" line is BS, but who knows. Need a reference/instructions to install it.. let me know if you see anything like that.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
He said there's "an impact mark on it" so will not cover it. Like something in the cargo area slammed against it and broke the clips. Whatever dude. I've been driving around with a totally empty cargo area for ages, so maybe it happened last camping trip when it was full of gear? And then decided to fall off 3 months later. Super lame.. I never really inspected it closely so didn't want to "get into it"... said I'll just come pick it up. Tempted to buy the part myself and try to put it on.. I suspect his "taking the whole seat out" line is BS, but who knows. Need a reference/instructions to install it.. let me know if you see anything like that.
Dust it off and go to a different dealership that isn't out to avoid repairs.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Picked it up, it's been snapped back in. It's not "fixed" but it's attached. Guess I'll wait for it to fall off again before I go to another dealer.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Will do, worth a shot to avoid $400.
Definitely go to another dealer. This is a warranty issue. It happened on my Jeep and I never had any cargo in the back. All I had was a 2 lb first aid kit in a molle bag. I put the seat forward and the added tension from the elastic straps holding the bottom carpet trim pulled the seat back down. I think there is a design defect, or QC problem.
Sponsored