Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Greetings all,

Picked up my new ride yesterday.
I planned to order, but after searching Cars.com up to a 150 mile range, I located “Nacho.” Prior to this search, I only looked at in-stock JLs up to 100 miles. That extra 50 mile search range was all it took...

I originally wanted white or red, but after reading that Nacho was a very limited run (2 months?), I knew I wanted Nacho. I tend to gravitate to what is either rare, odd, and/or different. Contrarian comes to mind.
Different is good, lol...
Picked her up 198 miles from home. Cars.com was off, eh?

First impressions:
Nacho is indeed an unusual color. It reminds me a lot of Porsche’s Signal Yellow/Signal Orange color from the 1970s. It’s yellower in sunlight and more orange in the shade.

I broke her in the Italian way. I started out keeping her under 65 mph for 20 miles. Once I got on the hwy, I gave her a good workout. I varied my speed a lot. Had her up to 90ish mph near the end of my long trip, and she was very stable. On the hwy the JL is a lot more stable than my JKs - TJ, notwithstanding.
I was only interested in the turbo 4, for various reasons. It does have some turbo lag, especially down low, but once up to speed, this girl moves!
Brakes are still mushy (esp. when compared to my other vehicles) but it’s not a performance vehicle & I’m well aware of this. I had a little under half a tank left when I returned home (198 miles)! That’s pretty damn impressive, given the fact it was very windy, the aero of a brick, smallish gas tank, and averaging 72 mph - at times traveling btw 80-90 mph (I don’t advocate speeding but this was the traffic flow on a Friday/I averaged 22.6 mpg).
The seat material (firmer) is more comfortable than my JKs; however, the bottom seat is still too short! I don’t know how you guys who are over 6’ do it. I’m 5’-11.5” with a 32” inseam, and I find the bottom seat to be about three inches or so too short. Uncomfortable after about two hours. The Alpine system is still good, but it is a bit muffled compared to my old JK. This might be due to different/quieter acoustics within the new JL platform. The dashboard is great! The steering/handling is much better than the JK! I have to get used to the much wider and higher? door sills. I have visions of the terrible side sills from my old Dodge Vipers.
I found some typical quality control issues like thin paint, esp. at the door hinges. The rears are bad. The HT has some large “popcorn “ paint that is annoying. I suppose I’m used to this. Stellantis, listen up!

Stats: 80th Anniversary Edition JL, Nacho Clear Coat, 2.0L/Turbo, Auto, Conv. Grp., Cold Weather pkg., Blk HT $40,835 MSRP / Purchased for about 8.0% off MSRP
Overall, the JL is much nicer - a much better Wrangler than anything before it. No regrets.
Peace/Carpe Diem,
B
Jeep Wrangler JL Back In The Fold - Picked Up New JL 67242471-73EB-4DC4-9DEF-11DBD6FD1533
Jeep Wrangler JL Back In The Fold - Picked Up New JL 0CE1FCE5-2B93-4057-84A1-44BB5DD67D60
Sponsored

Last edited:

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Love that color, black accents work so well with it. Nacho was my first choice but they didn’t have a rubicon in stock and I was hot to drive one home.

it’s interesting to hear the comparisons to older Jeep’s. This is my first Jeep having had trucks for the last 20 years. My wife has been through several of the other Jeep vehicles but nothing really impressed me until we test drove the Wrangler.

looks like you’ve been on the forum for a bit but welcome non the less.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
G Wagon and Jeep, nice! I would really like a 2 door G with a manual. That really is a nice color on the Jeep.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Congrats and welcome back! Nice color for sure!!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!

That color makes me hungry...