Back glass lift cylinders

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Has anybody had to replace them within 4 months of Jeep purchase? I bet my glass hasn’t been open more than 2 dozen times since we purchased in August.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody had to replace them within 4 months of Jeep purchase? I bet my glass hasn’t been open more than 2 dozen times since we purchased in August.
I doesn't happen often, but has popped up once or twice over the last few years. At least its a very easy and noninvasive warranty fix.

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doesn't happen often, but has popped up once or twice over the last few years. At least its a very easy and noninvasive warranty fix.
Yeah,I know. It’s just that my closest dealership is 40 minutes away. It will be the fifth time I have taken off to have repairs made. Oh well,I will call in the morning.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
They are like $30 a set if if you just wanna replace them yourself and not waste a trip to the dealer...

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are like $30 a set if if you just wanna replace them yourself and not waste a trip to the dealer...
That’s what I was thinking about doing,was pricing them out on Auto Zone website.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Yeah,I know. It’s just that my closest dealership is 40 minutes away. It will be the fifth time I have taken off to have repairs made. Oh well,I will call in the morning.
Five times in four months! That has to be discouraging. :(

Later,
Johnny

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Mine wouldn’t stay up from the day I bought it. The replacements came in but I was trying to wait till the new steering box came in to have it all done at the same time. Been waiting two months for the steering box. finally after stopping by a few times and them telling me the same mechanic that originally diagnosed it had to be the one to put the new ones on I finally was able to stop by and talk them into replacing them while I waited. But right before I took it in I decided to pop them off myself and One of them was fine and the other one had no oil or pressure in it at all. After going atotal of four months with it not working right I wish I would’ve just bought a new one and put it on myself rather than dealing with the dealership. Lesson learned! My jeep is finally scheduled to get the new steering box installed tomorrow and I hope I never have to see the jeep dealership after that. Cannot stand The hassle of dealing with them!

OP
OP

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine wouldn’t stay up from the day I bought it. The replacements came in but I was trying to wait till the new steering box came in to have it all done at the same time. Been waiting two months for the steering box. finally after stopping by a few times and them telling me the same mechanic that originally diagnosed it had to be the one to put the new ones on I finally was able to stop by and talk them into replacing them while I waited. But right before I took it in I decided to pop them off myself and One of them was fine and the other one had no oil or pressure in it at all. After going atotal of four months with it not working right I wish I would’ve just bought a new one and put it on myself rather than dealing with the dealership. Lesson learned! My jeep is finally scheduled to get the new steering box installed tomorrow and I hope I never have to see the jeep dealership after that. Cannot stand The hassle of dealing with them!
I hope you have better luck today n the steering gear box than I have,replaced mine,and it still feels the same.