OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal JLUR, 2001 Jeep TJ, 2013 Ram 2500 6.7L, 1991 Harley FXLR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I travel globally for work and whenever I get back home, I like to decompress and get away from it all. Just pack up the Jeep and seek adventure wherever the wind blows. I already own a TJ that's built for rock crawling so I purchased this Jeep for the sole purpose of overlanding. Any modifications and adventuring that I do happen whenever I get "Back from Yonder", hence the name of the build.

After the build, I'll be journaling my Jeep adventures online. Follow along if you like and check back here soon for the link to my Instagram page. Jeeps, guns, overlanding, cave diving and whatever else happens along the way!

But first...

Current list of the planned components:

AppleARBBlack RhinoBlue Ridge GearBrawleeChocolate MilkCobraCondition ZeroDirty Dog 4x4Front Runner GearGenesisGobiGoose GearGPCAHelinoxHi-LiftKargo MasteriKamperKC HiLitesKrazy BeaverLODMetal CloakMoparM.O.R.E.NittoOutback AdventuresPower TankRam MountREIRhino RackRigid IndustriesRugged Radios67 DesignsSmittybiltSpot XStihlSwitch ProsTeraFlexTrasharooUnidenVectorVision XWarn
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Phase I - Mods (Nov 2018)

Purchased the Jeep in Idaho and drove it back to Arizona.

First things first: Window tint.

IMG_2883 copy.jpg

Next I swapped out the OEM bumpers for the steel Mopar bumper group. These are only temporary until I get around to installing the aftermarket bumpers. Installed the JCR winch plate, Warn winch and JCR bull bar. The fog lights are the upgraded LED lamps. These were the only mods I was able to get done before leaving the country again for work.

- JCR winch mounting plate
- Warn VR10-S winch
- Factor 55 Ultra Hook
- JCR bull bar

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Phase II - Mods (Jan 2019)

- TeraFlex ST 3.5” lift with Falcon 3.3 shocks

- Black Rhino Arsenal wheels

- 37” Nitto Ridge Grappler tires

- Outback Adventures tailgate table

- Vector Offroad dash mount

- CB and Ham radio install

- ARB twin compressor

- WPN Gear gun mounts

- LOD Destroyer full width rear bumper/tire carrier

- LOD Destroyer stubby front bumper

- Trazer JL programmer

Last edited:
OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I would consider the KM3's over the KM2's
I was straddling the fence on tire selection but decided to go with the Ridge Grapplers.

Sponsored

CRAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I was straddling the fence on tire selection but decided to go with the Ridge Grapplers.
Good choice. I purchased Ridge Grapplers right after I left the dealer. Love the ride they work well. I shipped my Wrangler to my duty station in Africa. Those tires work well on pore roads trails mud etc. Best tires I’ve ever had.

OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Good choice. I purchased Ridge Grapplers right after I left the dealer. Love the ride they work well. I shipped my Wrangler to my duty station in Africa. Those tires work well on pore roads trails mud etc. Best tires I’ve ever had.
Where at in Africa? I've kicked up some dust in Liberia, Sierra Leone, the Congo and a couple of other places along the way...

CRAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Where at in Africa? I've kicked up some dust in Liberia, Sierra Leone, the Congo and a couple of other places along the way...
Currently in kampala, Uganda . I did a couple TAD/TDYs in Monrovia i really liked it I've covered Algers, covered southern Africa from South Africa,Botswana, Swaziland, lesuto, Mozambique, and Namibia. I also Served in the Marines but my work in Africa is in support of the MSG's. By the way your rig is off the charts! Looks amazing.

OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Currently in kampala, Uganda . I did a couple TAD/TDYs in Monrovia i really liked it I've covered Algers, covered southern Africa from South Africa,Botswana, Swaziland, lesuto, Mozambique, and Namibia. I also Served in the Marines but my work in Africa is in support of the MSG's. By the way your rig is off the charts! Looks amazing.
Thanks for supporting the Marines and thanks for the comment on the Jeep. It's still basically stock at this point but the build starts in earnest come January. I'll have an Instagram page up soon. Follow along for some epic adventures! Guns, Jeeps, Overlanding, Cave Diving...

Last edited:
OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I'm Back from Yonder so the build continues. Wheels and tires came in a couple of days before the lift was getting installed so I went ahead and put them on. 37" Ridge Grapplers on 17" Black Rhino Arsenal wheels.

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

CRAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm Back from Yonder so the build continues. Wheels and tires came in a couple of days before the lift was getting installed so I went ahead and put them on. 37" Ridge Grapplers on 17" Black Rhino Arsenal wheels.

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg
Looks perfect!

OP
OP
OkieMizzou

OkieMizzou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Looks perfect!
Thanks! 3.5" lift is being installed today to give me better break-over angle and increased articulation. The extra height will also help with water fording.

Last edited:

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Looking forward to more..

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Phase I - Mods (Nov 2018)

Purchased the Jeep in Idaho and drove it back to Arizona.
just stumbled on this post, I also bought mine in Idaho and drive it back to Arizona, nice mods you have done.
Sponsored