Sponsored

B21E3 OBD2 code meaning? Any descriptive list of all codes?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Anybody know what B21E3 means? It's an active code on my 2.0 Jeep, and I can't find anything about it online, so don't even know where to start. I've scheduled an appointment to have it looked at, but it wasn't until Friday. If someone has access to the service manual or better yet, technet, and can check what this might be caused by/diagnostic process that would be wonderful. I'm waiting for the 2019 service manuals to be available before I purchase one, myself, but the info from the 2018 JL manual should be usable. No technet as this is just a personal Jeep.

Steve @Mishimoto was kind enough to mention: "The B21E3 code is a vehicle-specific code for the 48v hybrid battery pack system." I am hoping for a little more information so I can make sense of the code and determine what might have gone wrong.

On a related note, is there a master list of codes for these Jeeps? If they have vehicle specific codes, it would be useful to document them all.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
For what it's worth, just stopped by the dealership, and their scanner shows no active codes. Torque and Car Scanner both show active codes. I guess the new Jeep/2.0 combo isn't figured out in these apps yet, so be wary of their output.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Are those apps you chrysler specific like from the factory? Ex cda or wiitech? If not that might be the issue.... The bsg is a new system and i doubt those scanner apps you are using are not populated for a bsg ystem... If those codes were active it would throw the CEL if your light isn't on i wouldn't worry about it
Sponsored