Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Everyone “loves” their mods right after they do them which is what most of the posts on the B&M kits are. looking to get a smoother and easy move to 4H on the transfer case and cleaner shifts through. 4th (I never seem to go higher than that).

Any feedback and length of use would be appreciated.
Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
Also interested in this - anybody got these installed and still like them?

toothirtyj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellayella JL Willys, 3.6L/6MT, 4.10's
Occupation
LE
Digging up an old thread to see if anyone has any long term updates on the B&M shifter.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Digging up an old thread to see if anyone has any long term updates on the B&M shifter.
I've had my B&M extended t-case lever for better part of a year now. Still to this day, it remains one of my favorite modifications due to it being one of the main connecting points between me and the Jeep. It's so much more ergonomic in all drive positions, compared to stock. And in 4lo, it doesn't impede access to the ebrake, which when fully engaged just barley causes the knob to lightly kiss my hand.
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use 20201105_092810
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use 20201105_092900
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use 20201105_092940
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use 20201121_114325

They also have a matching set for those who want to swap both, but it's only for the auto transmission. The reverse lockout on the manual is why there's less options available.
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use y1v7ytbq4nsnk3cqgko6
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use x09cwdxtmuf4zrmzt0al

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my B&M extended t-case lever for better part of a year now. Still to this day, it remains one of my favorite modifications due to it being one of the main connecting points between me and the Jeep. It's so much more ergonomic in all drive positions, compared to stock. And in 4lo, it doesn't impede access to the ebrake, which when fully engaged just barley causes the knob to lightly kiss my hand.
Jeep Wrangler JL B&M short shifter opinions after a year or more of use x09cwdxtmuf4zrmzt0al

They also have a matching set for those who want to swap both, but it's only for the auto transmission. The reverse lockout on the manual is why there's less options available.
In a different thread on this, it was mentioned that he whacked his hand on the 12 volt outlet while reengaging 2H. Have you also had that problem? Is that the only orientation, or can it be rotated? Thanks.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In a different thread on this, it was mentioned that he whacked his hand on the 12 volt outlet while reengaging 2H. Have you also had that problem? Is that the only orientation, or can it be rotated? Thanks.
The lever orientation is locked in by a set screw. As is, the nearest thing to interference by me is it rides closer to my leg when driving. But it hasn't been an issue. I don't need to move my leg at all to when shifting on the fly. The pic above, that you quoted, was taking while I was in my normal driving position and my foot on the throttle. I'm 5'11" and proportionately balanced as far as length of legs to torso.

Let me know if you'd like pics from a different angle.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The lever orientation is locked in by a set screw. As is, the nearest thing to interference by me is it rides closer to my leg when driving. But it hasn't been an issue. I don't need to move my leg at all to when shifting on the fly. The pic above, that you quoted, was taking while I was in my normal driving position and my foot on the throttle. I'm 5'11" and proportionately balanced as far as length of legs to torso.

Let me know if you'd like pics from a different angle.
Thanks for the explanation! No more pics needed.
Sponsored