B-Dawg towing wasp

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
Has anyone ever seen one of these in person or heard anything about them? http://www.bdawgcarriers.com/aluminum.php
S
eems like they would be a good solution to adding space on the backend while still allowing you to use a bike rack or tow.
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have something similar from Amazon. Works well but keep in mind that once you load it up, you're not opening the tailgate. I hadn't considered that the first time I packed everything up

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, they're great--HARBOR FREIGHT has had them for over 25 years too !

Really increases your cargo area and is easily removed !

W.E.

JIMBO

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got one, different brand. I use it to haul feed and hay. Much easier to unload off the rack than out of the back, and keeps hay out of my Jeep. Been using one for years. Be advised, though - people bump into them when empty in drive-throughs and at stop lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m specifically looking for one that has the 2” receiver on the backend. I want a cargo basket and then the ability to add a 1up-USA bike rack to it. So far I’ve only came across the 1up set up that will run you around $1100 by the time it’s all set up and the B-Dawg towing racks.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m specifically looking for one that has the 2” receiver on the backend. I want a cargo basket and then the ability to add a 1up-USA bike rack to it. So far I’ve only came across the 1up set up that will run you around $1100 by the time it’s all set up and the B-Dawg towing racks.
adding a bike carrier would add a tremendous moment/arm load to your Jeep hitch receiver. The stock receiver is only rated for 350 lbs and the basket and load alone can easily overload it.

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adding a bike carrier would add a tremendous moment/arm load to your Jeep hitch receiver. The stock receiver is only rated for 350 lbs and the basket and load alone can easily overload it.
For sure it would. The JL has a 350# tongue rating so with smart packing I'm sure I'll be fine. This is the set up I'm looking to achieve.
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/60in-hitch-mounted-cargo-carrier/
Using the B-Bawg would save me several hundred dollars and give me more versatility. That's why I'm looking specifically for opinions on the B-Dawg products.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
For sure it would. The JL has a 350# tongue rating so with smart packing I'm sure I'll be fine. This is the set up I'm looking to achieve.
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/60in-hitch-mounted-cargo-carrier/
Using the B-Bawg would save me several hundred dollars and give me more versatility. That's why I'm looking specifically for opinions on the B-Dawg products.
I thought tongue weight on the JL 2 door was 200# and the 4 door is 400#??
Sponsored