St0rmy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello,

Looking to upgrade the rear shafts on the JLUR. Seeing if anyone has had any experiences with the two options. Seems to be same material but yukon gives lifetime warranty where dana only a year. But the dana package is the more complete kit and cheaper.

Also, does anyone have experience with the yukon lifetime warranty? Will they really replace a shaft if it gives on the trail while rocking some oversize tires.

Here's the links. Hopefully it's ok to link since it's a forum sponsor.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...antek-rear-left-and-right-e-locker-axle-shaft

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/axle-shafts/yawak-001-yukon-rear-axle-shafts-220mm-rear
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Advantek rear axle shafts about 2 weeks ago. I went with them because they were cheaper ($380 at @Northridge4x4 ), in stock, and assembled/complete. They're also the same material as the Yukon's (4340), The install was easy and have had no leaks, etc. They use Timken bearings and races, just like the stock shafts. Everything was pressed on correctly too.

While I appreciate a warranty, a lifetime warranty does me no good on the trail if the product fails. Are the Yukon's better than the Advanteks? I don't know, only a metallurgist and scientific testing can answer that. I am comfortable with the Advantek shafts for my rig and usage.

If you get the shafts at Northridge, the Yukon's aren't eligible for the discount but the Dana's are. The discount code is JLWRANGLERFORUM

OP
OP

St0rmy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for your reply limeade. Those are pretty much my exact thoughts on it as well. I was not aware of the discount code only being able to be used for the dana shafts. I do think I'll be going with the Dana setup.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Supposedly Yukon's warranty is the real deal. If in doubt try asking a local shop that sells 'em.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Subscribing. Regearing to 5.13 and am going to upgrade shafts. I hear some shops will only recommend Yukon others Dana. Not sure which way to go.

Sponsored

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
I’m going to go ahead and do them. The shop doing the gears told me no labor charge while there are in there, just buy the parts. Might as well do it and be done with it.

After some research, I don’t think I want to run RCV. I’m going to go with the Yukon setup that deletes the FAD instead of the Dana because they get rid of the inner shaft.

Last edited:

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
i have ran yukon stuff in the past and never had an issue with, they have a very good reputations and they stand behind their warranty, you are correct it does not get you home on the trail but when you get home you do not need to buy a new shaft they will send you a replacement

the ultimate 8.8 i had on my old xj was all timkin bearings

as for dana vs yukon they are just about the same, the big difference would be the yukon has the better warranty which i am sure is rolled into the price, and they are doubled drilled for the bolt pattern, i cannot see what the other pattern is its not listed but it could be nice depending on what it is and you swap the front axle

edit:
p.s. if you are upgrading your shafts do not toss your old ones away as they make great trail spares, carry they with you on the trails and if you break just swap them there on the trail and continue on your day
Sponsored