First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Didn’t fix mine. Just turned the light off.
Sponsored

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Light came on service 4wd when I would engage the locker. And Remain on. I got the z automotive harness and it turned off the light during normal 2wd but if I engage the locker, even with the harness it displayed the same error and service message

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Light came on service 4wd when I would engage the locker. And Remain on. I got the z automotive harness and it turned off the light during normal 2wd but if I engage the locker, even with the harness it displayed the same error and service message
With the Z harness, there is no indication your locker is on or off, did you physically confirm you didn't have a locker engaged?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick here, I just don't know your experience with lockers.

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
With the Z harness, there is no indication your locker is on or off, did you physically confirm you didn't have a locker engaged?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick here, I just don't know your experience with lockers.
I appreciate your responses, no worries. So my locker isn’t engaging at all. If I push the button I don’t feel it in the locked position while turning or driving in road. This is how my issue went down.

first my locker wouldn’t disengage and I had to dive a bit before it would stop flashing and disengage.

then when I tried to use it again the light came on permanently and the locker light would flash but not engage.

eventually the service 4wd light came on and stayed on. So I purchased the Z automotive harness and that turned off the constant light which was on anytime the jeep was on, regardless of transfer case settings. The Z automotive harness turned off the light and it stays off until I try to engage the lockers again but the lockers still don’t work.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I appreciate your responses, no worries. So my locker isn’t engaging at all. If I push the button I don’t feel it in the locked position while turning or driving in road. This is how my issue went down.

first my locker wouldn’t disengage and I had to dive a bit before it would stop flashing and disengage.

then when I tried to use it again the light came on permanently and the locker light would flash but not engage.

eventually the service 4wd light came on and stayed on. So I purchased the Z automotive harness and that turned off the constant light which was on anytime the jeep was on, regardless of transfer case settings. The Z automotive harness turned off the light and it stays off until I try to engage the lockers again but the lockers still don’t work.
Very odd. I'd say it's dealer time.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Not a sensor issue then, sounds like the solenoid. Definitely get the dealer involved.

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well my Jeep was at the dealer for 2 days and came home with the damn light still on.

At the end of the 1st day they said they replaced the front sensor but thought the rear might be out as well. Got the call today to pick up the Jeep and didn't get clarification if they replaced the rear but they said it was ready.

As soon as I started the Jeep the error popped up. Service advisor grabbed the scanner and he's reading that the front is still bad. I'm dropping it off on Saturday and don't know what to expect. He said something about there being 5 sensors and they had to test each one. Anyone familiar with that?

Here is what was on my service report.

Screenshot_20230208-204908.png

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Well my Jeep was at the dealer for 2 days and came home with the damn light still on.

At the end of the 1st day they said they replaced the front sensor but thought the rear might be out as well. Got the call today to pick up the Jeep and didn't get clarification if they replaced the rear but they said it was ready.

As soon as I started the Jeep the error popped up. Service advisor grabbed the scanner and he's reading that the front is still bad. I'm dropping it off on Saturday and don't know what to expect. He said something about there being 5 sensors and they had to test each one. Anyone familiar with that?

Here is what was on my service report.

Screenshot_20230208-204908.png
It's almost always the rear that fails first. The fronts do fail as well
The kit comes with 5 sensors. Procedure is to install and test. If the fault comes, you go to next sensor until no more fault. If the 5 I had 2 threw faults out of the box.

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's almost always the rear that fails first. The fronts do fail as well
The kit comes with 5 sensors. Procedure is to install and test. If the fault comes, you go to next sensor until no more fault. If the 5 I had 2 threw faults out of the box.
Just to make sure I am understanding

When part 68544629AA is ordered, 5 sensors come and they have to go through them until 1 of them works?

Is it possible that one kit of 5 could work for front and rear of there were more than 1 "good" sensor?

Thanks for the reply. I guess this puts me at ease knowing it's a 1 out of 5 shot.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just to make sure I am understanding

When part 68544629AA is ordered, 5 sensors come and they have to go through them until 1 of them works?

Is it possible that one kit of 5 could work for front and rear of there were more than 1 "good" sensor?

Thanks for the reply. I guess this puts me at ease knowing it's a 1 out of 5 shot.
That is possible for sure. I think your dealer would order 2 kits though as per them not having much of a clue enough to use the extra sensors. Lol.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
That is possible for sure. I think your dealer would order 2 kits though as per them not having much of a clue enough to use the extra sensors. Lol.
What kind of world are we living in now where you get 5 sensors? They are basically saying, "Yeah we know our sensors are shit, so keep wasting your time until one of them works, ..peasant."
I tell ya FCA is really phoning it in these days.....Still waiting on my fuel pump which may be available in the next year or two.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What kind of world are we living in now where you get 5 sensors? They are basically saying, "Yeah we know our sensors are shit, so keep wasting your time until one of them works, ..peasant."
I tell ya FCA is really phoning it in these days.....Still waiting on my fuel pump which may be available in the next year or two.
Considering they were replacing complete axles prior to the kit coming out, I'd say we are doing pretty good. Lmao.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
After replacing the sensor, how do we test it before putting the cover and diff oil back on? Just turn Jeep on and see if the light goes away?