Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was wanting a subtle increase in sound, but didn't want to sound like a fast and furious hopeful. I also wanted an increase of ground clearance. I ended up with the Borla Touring Climber cat-back system, and it delivered on all fronts. A deeper bass tone at idle and all the way up the rpm range, but nice and subtleandfar from obnoxious. No tinny sounds or drone at any rpm or cruise speed. 100% increase in ground clearance. An added plus for those of us in wet and/or salty environments, is that this system is made entirely of 2.75" T304 stainless pipe. That series of stainless steel won't form surface rust in a matter of months like T406, which is the other commonly used stainless for exhaust systems. The most that'll ever happen is some light discoloration due to heat, but it won't have any physical affects.

Here's a couple pics to directly compare the rear views of stock and Borla, and a pic that shows how open and high tuck the rear section of the Jeep is with this system...

Jeep Wrangler JL axle back or not 20210117_135607_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL axle back or not 20210211_132351_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL axle back or not 20210815_122700
Sponsored

Upnorth73

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I was wanting a subtle increase in sound, but didn't want to sound like a fast and furious hopeful. I also wanted an increase of ground clearance. I ended up with the Borla Touring Climber cat-back system, and it delivered on all fronts. A deeper bass tone at idle and all the way up the rpm range, but nice and subtleandfar from obnoxious. No tinny sounds or drone at any rpm or cruise speed. 100% increase in ground clearance. An added plus for those of us in wet and/or salty environments, is that this system is made entirely of 2.75" T304 stainless pipe. That series of stainless steel won't form surface rust in a matter of months like T406, which is the other commonly used stainless for exhaust systems. The most that'll ever happen is some light discoloration due to heat, but it won't have any physical affects.

Here's a couple pics to directly compare the rear views of stock and Borla, and a pic that shows how open and high tuck the rear section of the Jeep is with this system...