Sponsored

axle back or not

laloreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited 2.0
I just purchased a 2018 Jeep jlu withe the 2.0 turbo engine. Much to my surprise, my wife says she enjoys driving but feels the sound of the four cylinder is a little wimpy. Would adding an axle back system from Magnaflow or Borla give a little more muscular sound?? There are no demo sounds of the 2 liter on these websites. Has anyone changed their stock exhaust out and what was the result. Also, would the warranty be voided by making this change??
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
That made it sound like a Honda Civic with one of the water bucket looking mufflers.:surprised:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw.

Sound didn't record very well.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here are official sound clips for 2 of our 2.0L systems:

MF Series Catback:

Rock-Crawler:

If you plan on doing mostly street driving with your Jeep, we would recommend one of our MF-series systems for the best combination of sound and cabin comfort. If we can answer questions about either one, please feel free to shoot us a PM or call anytime at 1-800-990-0905!

Sponsored

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We installed the Magnaflow axle back black powdered coated dual exhaust on our JL Wrangler and absolutely love the look and the sound. Definitely a bolder sound without being overwhelming. However, our Jeep has the V6 Pentastar.

Make sure to ask Magnaflow if they have adjusted the width of the muffler pipe to factory exhaust pipe. We ultimately had to go to Auto Zone and rent an exhaust pipe flange tool to open up the width of the Magnaflow pipe about 1/8 in. Although we were an early buyer of the Magnaflow dual exhaust axle back product.

Regardless, it is a premium product that looks and sounds wonderful. Five Stars!

Jlwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl 2 door sport, cant wait to mod
Here are official sound clips for 2 of our 2.0L systems:

MF Series Catback:

Rock-Crawler:

If you plan on doing mostly street driving with your Jeep, we would recommend one of our MF-series systems for the best combination of sound and cabin comfort. If we can answer questions about either one, please feel free to shoot us a PM or call anytime at 1-800-990-0905!
Wish I could hear the tone without annoying rock music in the background :)

Awickedbeast

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited High Altitude
Occupation
Factory Mechanic
Anyone have any update for this thread? I had the magnaflo axle back on the 3.6 V6, I was wondering if anybody could give any updates from those of you that might have this exhaust on the 2.0. Thank you in advance.

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
Ours had the gibson axle back on it when we got it and the drone and rattle (hit swaybar) was brutal. Swapped out to the dynomax axle back and it's much better. Sounds a bit ricer to me, but 2 of my other vehicles have big block V8's so I'm probably a bit biased.

Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Before you spend a bunch of money, remove your muffler and see how that sounds to her. Sounds pretty good on the 3.6, don't wheel with any 2.0s so you may want to put the muffler back on. The muffler delete pipe makes it sound just a tad bit quieter than just removing it.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Are you just looking for better sound or do you wheel it? The magnaflow looks and sounds great, but the dual oversized tips increase the odds of smashing them on rocks by quite a bit even over stock. The afe axle back on ours tucks the tip up tight near the tow hook so youā€™d be hard pressed to smash it on anything. I wouldnā€™t call it muscular, it will never be a V8 exhaust note, but it is definitely more aggressive sounding. Another benefit of the muffler delete aside from ground clearance is the rear floor storage compartment wonā€™t be a toaster oven on long trips(if you havenā€™t opened it up after a long drive, especially in the summer time, youā€™ll be amazed how hot it is in there. You could easily heat up some lunch in it.).

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
The only way to make a 4 cylinder sound more muscular is to add 4 more cylinders.
šŸ˜‚ Too true. None of the kits out there are going to make it sound ā€œmuscularā€. You just have work with what youā€™ve got. Iā€™ve owned plenty of V8 sport cars and I donā€™t mind how the 2.0 sounds. I've got the Borla touring climber because it provides clearance and give a slightly deeper tone.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
šŸ˜‚ Too true. None of the kits out there are going to make it sound ā€œmuscularā€. You just have work with what youā€™ve got. Iā€™ve owned plenty of V8 sport cars and I donā€™t mind how the 2.0 sounds. I've got the Borla touring climber because it provides clearance and give a slightly deeper tone.
Iā€™ve been considering a muffler delete or trying a physically smaller muffler on my 3.6 strictly for clearance gains. But Iā€™m not really interested in making anymore noise so Iā€™m kinda scared to drop cash on something that Iā€™ll end up hating.
Sponsored