Sponsored

Awful service experience

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
So I brought my Willys in for its first oil change and tire rotation at my local dealer. Not where I purchased from. I’ve purchased quite a few vehicles in the past from them and have always had good experiences with their service shop.
I’m told under the jeep wave I need to pay 20$ to rotate in my spare. Ok fine. Need it done. 3700 miles and wheels and tires put on about 3k ago and the spare was mounted about a month ago. I needed a relocation and reinforcement to hang my 35.

So service guy comes out after hour and forty five minutes. I had a feeling something was wrong, just by the wait time.
Service guy says we couldn’t mount your spare, wtf. Is brand new. Tells me it’s stripped out and whoever mounted them before messed it up. Ummm. I mounted it on the back. There’s never been a center cap installed because of the camera. (Got them mounted and balanced and shipped to my house) He then refuses to give me my keys until I sign the R/O. I go out and look at my wheel and the two threaded cap mounts are reamed out. Like someone with a screw gun just was jamming them in there. So stripped out and unable to retap because is so bad.

Service guy keeps saying it was like that. My man, there’s chewed up threads on my wheel from your guy. He sees it and continues to tell me is like that. I show him photos of it before was mounted and after. Clearly is fine in the photos. Dude ignores me and tells me I need to talk to the service manager, who is magically not there.

I get in and leave, so angry. I also have no oil sticker on windshield and they only rotated front to back. And didn’t give me my lug key.

I show up the next day after work to talk to the service manager. Soon as I walk in dude has an attitude. I was upset, but calm at the time. Figured it’s an easy fix.

We’re walking out and I’m telling him there’s no way it was like that. Is brand new. I show him the pics, of when I received it and right after I mounted it. You can see that it’s fine and has no damage.

This guy then puffs up and basically try’s to flex on me and starts berating me that they’re aren’t gonna fix shit, and it was like that. How tf. Yelling at me that I did it. Guy is screaming in my face that I didn’t buy my jeep from them so they’re not fixing a fucking thing. And it’s my fucking problem. Then starts yelling that I don’t buy anything from them and never have.
I’m dumbfounded and livid at this time. (I purchased a bunch over the years there) but that’s here nor there.

I tell him you’re a lying pos. Look at the photos. I don’t care, fuck you he says. I tell him you’re paying for this. No tf I’m not. I’ll fuck you up he goes. Tell him I’m right here man. Then he continues to scream at me in the parking lot while I’m getting into my jeep. I’ll fuck you up and where do you live, I’ll come there and I’ll kill you. This is as I’m trying to leave.

Dude lost his mind. What benefit do I have to gripe over a 250$ wheel for no reason. It would cost me more time and money than that is even worth. I’ve been driving a lot. My mother passed in an awful house fire and been driving back and forth to NY to handle things. I don’t need to spend more time at the dealer for dumb things.

I have no idea what to do. I’ve called jeep and the owner of the dealership and have gotten nowhere. Owner will not answer or call back. Jeep said they’d call back and haven’t heard anything. I also contacted the police. This guy was a straight maniac.

I went there because I’ve always had good service on my Jeeps in the past.

I’m still just dumbfounded about the whole thing. Not to mention, I have to have it reserviced because I don’t trust they actually did anything but try to cover up the damage
Sponsored

graytag

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe, Sold-3 TJs, 1 YJ
Wow. That's rough. Good on you for not engaging further. It sounds lame but I find copying and pasting the same review with the lowest rating into all the major sites with a title like "Verbally Abusive Service Manager" will get more attention than trying to call and speak 1:1. Good luck!

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Another reason why I never take a vehicle to the dealership unless absolutely necessary (electrical or warranty stuff). Oil, differential, transfer case oil changes I do myself! Wheels & tires, rotations, balancing, etc goes to the tire shop (discount tire or Americas tire, depending where I am).
Anything else I’ll take it to a reputable 4x4 shop before bringing to dealership service department. The dealership model is broken, they are only good for buying a vehicle from, that’s all!

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
What is is specifically about jeep dealers that make them so awful to deal with. I've never had this kind of service with any other manufacturer. I absolutely never go to the dealer unless there is something I just can't fix myself. I even pay out of pocket all the time for stuff that is covered under my warranty but the service is always so bad I would rather just pay for it myself. After owning 6 Jeeps this will be my last and I am seriously thinking of getting rid of this one because you can't rely on Jeep service anywhere in this country, its that bad.

Sponsored

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Another reason why I never take a vehicle to the dealership unless absolutely necessary (electrical or warranty stuff). Oil, differential, transfer case oil changes I do myself! Wheels & tires, rotations, balancing, etc goes to the tire shop (discount tire or Americas tire, depending where I am).
Anything else I’ll take it to a reputable 4x4 shop before bringing to dealership service department. The dealership model is broken, they are only good for buying a vehicle from, that’s all!
Do you think if the dealerships were owned by Stallentis vs individual would make a difference?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My advice is to do nothing…… this guy sounds like a sociopath…. Best to move on and chalk it up as a learning experience….. Even if you can whip his ass, there’s no telling what guys like that will do…..also it sounds like you’re not getting anywhere with going over his head….25 years ago this would not be my response, I’d leave him bleeding as soon as he threatened my life….but this is a different world we live in now….. just my 0.02……..✌

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riotfunk

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
Again I’ve always had good service experiences their in the past.

I do all my own wrenching since then I know is right. I’ve done lift, arms, bumper, winch, track bars and braces etc. on this so far. And have built 5 other rigs and I build bikes too. I just haven’t had time to do oil and rotation since it’s been storming here like crazy past few weeks.

Riol

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 4XE
That is crazy! I see you are in MA. I am in the market for a new Wrangler and am in MA as well. Can you DM me the dealership so I know to steer clear....

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Sounds like Lithia Auto Group, haha.

I had one service manager explain they weren't going to help me because I never buy vehicles from them. I looked at the guy and said, notice the license plate frame on the truck parked outside, the one I brought to pick up my wife in when she dropped her's for service? Did you check the sales history for the vehicle I brought in for service? Then I said, I don't go out and buy license plate frames with your dealership name just because I like advertising for you guys. He back-pedaled and said, oh well the service writer told me you never bought anything here. They ended up paying for some extra stuff to make my wife and I happy, but I told him he lost his dealership a life-long customer because he acted like an ass. Fast-forward a couple years later when I tried to order another new vehicle...they were even worse. So, it's a culture.

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Again I’ve always had good service experiences their in the past.

I do all my own wrenching since then I know is right. I’ve done lift, arms, bumper, winch, track bars and braces etc. on this so far. And have built 5 other rigs and I build bikes too. I just haven’t had time to do oil and rotation since it’s been storming here like crazy past few weeks.
Good on you for working on it yourself. It's a dying art. I see poor dealers and managers as a sign of the times, many people are just not civilized anymore. Those carrier studs should be pretty cheap.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
First of all, should have recorded the incident.

Second of all, use all the before / after photos and contact the city / state attorney general for fraud.

I had a similar experience with a MDX and after a few months of investigation the dealer lost at was forced to replace the SUV with a brand new one.

OP
OP
Riotfunk

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
It was the rim they destroyed by cross threading the steel bolts into it. I didn’t have time to record it. Was more watching dude to see if he was gonna swing at me.