Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Such a great and underrated car!

I drove mine 100 miles per day for years. At 117k miles, I pulled the heads to replace all the Displacement On Demand stuff and put in a reverse split cam, for 505rwhp. Upgraded all the suspension with double-adjustable Koni shocks and custom coilovers (required a bit of custom fabrication for the rears - ended up breaking the shock shaft on one), and quite a few other do-dads.

It was funny - because I'd modified the engine, when I sold it in 2017 I put a note in the glovebox detailing everything I'd done. But, I also signed my name and phone number on top of the valley cover, under the air intake.

Sure enough, last year I got a call from the 3rd owner wondering why my info was there. Turns out the 2nd owner (I was 1st) didn't pass on the info to him. I explained everything done to it and sent him specs on the cam. He said it was still running strong at 205k miles!
I babies mine and hardly drove it. At 22K miles, I noticed oil leaks under the car! That was my last straw!!! Every GM car that my dad and I owned from MY1978 to MY2009 (this G8) leaked oil and other things. I really couldn't take it anymore and traded in for a Chrysler 300. I really miss the awesome power and sound of that v8. I especially loved the sound it made at startup! But the 300 was so much more reliable. No mechanical issues whatsoever. I then moved to Arizona and had no use for AWD sedan and wanted more fun in the sun vehicle so I ended up getting a Willys! :)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
:piggybank:STICKER SHOCK!!! I just checked B&P and the identical build I paid MSRP of $77,620 for in August is now $81,145!!! If you want one get it NOW!!! The increases will continue!!!

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Take a look at new C8 corvettes. 20-50K over MSRP. Yes you can put down a deposit and wait a year or longer and pay MSRP. If you want it sooner your going to pay for it. I got on a list 14 months ago and my 3LT, Z51 HTC was built 2/11 and is at the NCM waiting for me to pick it up and bring it home. I don't even have it yet and I'm being offered 20K over MSRP for it. They go a little higher and I might just sell it.
In Canada you have to hold it for 6 months before selling it

Rolling18

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 wrangler rubi unltd.
There wasn't a new Jeep worth 50k in 2018 when I bought mine, and there still isnt a new Jeep worth 50k today. Its just WAY too much money for what you get.
A vehicle is worth what someone will pay...

"Worth" Is defined by individuals..
Sponsored