Sponsored

Available-ish -- RockHard4x4 2.0L Bellypan Skid

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Visited A few websites today like I normally do looking for 2.0L compatible skids and came across these. Price was $0 so figured I would buy them and see what happened. Call came in pretty quick that they were just pre-populating the website but they should be ready to go live by Friday 22Mar19. No final price yet but they will be slightly more expensive than the 3.6 and that they basically just extended the resonator skid to cover both the battery and the resonator. I wasn't prepared for a call after hours so I forgot to ask but I assume they also adjusted the front skid to match up with the oil filter and drain on the 2.0L too.

My only concern is heat buildup into the 48v battery with the skid trapping and reflecting the heat off the exhaust this is somewhat mitigated by the factory skid (assuming that stays in place with this kit) but still something worth considering.

@Artec @Metalcloak anything to announce? I know there are several people looking for these and it looks like Rockhard4x4 is going to be first to market.

RH4x4skid.PNG
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
How concerned should we be about the 48v battery in its current location? It seems to me that it might be very prone to damage even with the a]factory plate? I have not seen it’s location in person however. How “high up” under the vehicle is it?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
How concerned should we be about the 48v battery in its current location? It seems to me that it might be very prone to damage even with the a]factory plate? I have not seen it’s location in person however. How “high up” under the vehicle is it?
There's a video out there under the 2.0, I don't have the link handy but I'm sure you can find it. There's a lot hanging lower, and the skid is decent. You're just as likely to rupture your gas tank. Add aftermarket skids if you think you'll be really pounding the belly on sharp rocks.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just have a spotter with you, line up your wheels carefully, and know to back out of a situation and pick a different line and you wouldn’t ever have to worry about messing up anything.

I’m the ocd type who doesn’t sit well with anything hard touching any underside part of the Jeep, even if it had a skid plate.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just have a spotter with you, line up your wheels carefully, and know to back out of a situation and pick a different line and you wouldn’t ever have to worry about messing up anything.

I’m the ocd type who doesn’t sit well with anything hard touching any underside part of the Jeep, even if it had a skid plate.
Being from Texas, I wheel like we smoke brisket, low and slow.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's higher up then almost everything under there.

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored