Availability of the BSG 3.6L Engine for 2019

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
I apologize if there is already a thread about this. I was not able to find one, so he goes my question. Does anyone know the status on the availability of the BSG 3.6L engine for the 2019 JLU? I'm planning on ordering a Sahara in January but am willing to wait if it's not out yet.
Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Won't be available until the late summer of 2019. 2020 MY

OP
OP

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Thanks, I'd like to wait for it, but don't know If i can hold out that long! :whew:

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
This is just my opinion from what I see and hear at work. 3.0 diesel will be the next available engine. Hybrid and 3.6 BSG will be available around the same time.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
This is just my opinion from what I see and hear at work. 3.0 diesel will be the next available engine. Hybrid and 3.6 BSG will be available around the same time.
After seeing your post about 2019 being a short model year anyway, and then seeing the post in the steering thread about new part numbers for front suspension components for MY2020 (presumably to help the steering issue), then this news: I'm on the MY 2020 bandwagon myself. Unless the Bronco reveals itself before then and looks good+offers a manual transmission. But the new Ranger has me not holding my breath.
Sponsored