Sponsored

Availability of power top and more colors?

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I'm ready to order a new JLUR, got permission from the wife, have the money, ready to go. However, I want the power top and I don't like any of the colors currently available (wtf are they thinking with 3 greys?). I really want a tan color, but I'll settle for a green so it looks like Mojito, even though I'd prefer a dark green, but it'll do. I did some searches but can't find info on availability of those other than maybe April for Mojito (and nothing on the top), but I'd like to get an order in as soon as it's possible to get them. I'm looking at going for a more luxury build on this, LED lights, leather, keyless entry, power top, body colored flares etc. as it'll be a DD and family vehicle, but it needs to be able to keep up with my Land Rover s3 109 off road and yank it out and tow it home if/when it gets stuck or breaks. That thing is rough and tumble enough and 3 other vehicles I have are stick, but after driving and towing with the 8 speed auto in my mom's grand cherokee, I can't see any reason to get the stick. We take 8-10 family camping trips per year so it'll see a lot of fun use along with DD duty.

I plan to have it for a year or two then trade in on the Jeep truck (depending on how that turns out) as my truck is getting old and doesn't have that many years left, but I need a new DD this year as my current one is on it's last legs. If I like it enough, I'll keep it and get a used heavy duty pickup, so might be long term, hence why I'm waiting on the top and at least a color I like before ordering. If I definitely wasn't keeping it I'd just order what I thought had the best resale of what's currently available, but there's a decent chance I will so it's got to have what I want. Any ideas on when that stuff is coming out? Also, if there are new colors coming in the fall (and one of them is tan), I might be able to wait for that, but then at that point I might just wait for the truck...Damn decisions.
Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
I'm ready to order a new JLUR, got permission from the wife, have the money, ready to go. However, I want the power top and I don't like any of the colors currently available (wtf are they thinking with 3 greys?). I really want a tan color, but I'll settle for a green so it looks like Mojito, even though I'd prefer a dark green, but it'll do. I did some searches but can't find info on availability of those other than maybe April for Mojito (and nothing on the top), but I'd like to get an order in as soon as it's possible to get them. I'm looking at going for a more luxury build on this, LED lights, leather, keyless entry, power top, body colored flares etc. as it'll be a DD and family vehicle, but it needs to be able to keep up with my Land Rover s3 109 off road and yank it out and tow it home if/when it gets stuck or breaks. That thing is rough and tumble enough and 3 other vehicles I have are stick, but after driving and towing with the 8 speed auto in my mom's grand cherokee, I can't see any reason to get the stick. We take 8-10 family camping trips per year so it'll see a lot of fun use along with DD duty.

I plan to have it for a year or two then trade in on the Jeep truck (depending on how that turns out) as my truck is getting old and doesn't have that many years left, but I need a new DD this year as my current one is on it's last legs. If I like it enough, I'll keep it and get a used heavy duty pickup, so might be long term, hence why I'm waiting on the top and at least a color I like before ordering. If I definitely wasn't keeping it I'd just order what I thought had the best resale of what's currently available, but there's a decent chance I will so it's got to have what I want. Any ideas on when that stuff is coming out? Also, if there are new colors coming in the fall (and one of them is tan), I might be able to wait for that, but then at that point I might just wait for the truck...Damn decisions.
Go black best color