Sponsored

Auxx Lift

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
https://auxx-lift.com/products/auxx-lift

I ran a search and haven't seen anyone post about this before. I'm looking for a storage option for my hardtop in the summer when I am running the soft top regularly. Garage floor space is limited in my house, but the ceiling in my garage is 16ft. I'd like to suspend the top from the ceiling and out of the way and I've seen a few options discussed in the forums, but never this. I'm curious if anyone has considered it or vetted it before. In other words, I'm wondering if no one uses this because it's not considered a viable option. I realize it's pricy and maybe relatively new on the market which also could explain why no one uses it. Reviews I've seen suggest that the product itself is solid but that installation is difficult.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has thought about this lift before.
Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

I ran a search and haven't seen anyone post about this before. I'm looking for a storage option for my hardtop in the summer when I am running the soft top regularly. Garage floor space is limited in my house, but the ceiling in my garage is 16ft. I'd like to suspend the top from the ceiling and out of the way and I've seen a few options discussed in the forums, but never this. I'm curious if anyone has considered it or vetted it before. In other words, I'm wondering if no one uses this because it's not considered a viable option. I realize it's pricy and maybe relatively new on the market which also could explain why no one uses it. Reviews I've seen suggest that the product itself is solid but that installation is difficult.

Why not go with a lift/hoist that the community has used? I don't see any advantage that this would offer. In fact, if anything this is worse in the sense that you'd have to retrofit it to work with your hard top.

OP
OP
Gunzz

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Fair question. Couple reasons I think but main one is that I was considering this lift as a storage option in general irrespective of the hard top (for the wife's side of the garage) but it occurred to me that it might be able to double as a place to hang the hard top. Ideally I'm looking for a solution that can function in more ways than solely as a place to hang the hard top.

The product that seemed most suitable (racor) isn't in production or available anymore, and I haven't seen or found much similar to it out there or here on the forums. I think the products from Fleximount could do the trick also, but I don't think they are made for quite as high a ceiling nor do I think they make a motorized version and I'm not the kind of guy who can rig something up as a DIY project. My DIY attempts usually make things worse.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
while I understand wanting multi function, I also don’t… what will I store there that will only go there half the year while the other half I need it clear for my top? Also, how do you intend to get it on top of the rack, or do you intend to hang it on the underside of the rack?

either way best of luck… I have other shelving from the ceiling in my garage so went with this… $130 including the hoist and lumber purchase
Jeep Wrangler JL Auxx Lift ?hash=383d560c70f1062c1635a73b9d19bc0d

98CDA071-8790-4AE0-A4ED-A817F24B3D2D.jpeg

OP
OP
Gunzz

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Was thinking top would hang from the underside with the top of the tray being usable still for some smaller lightweight things that only come out occasionally, like halloween and xmas decorations, beach stuff, etc. Anyway, I'm still brainstorming and your points are helpful. I appreciate it.

Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Was thinking top would hang from the underside with the top of the tray being usable still for some smaller lightweight things that only come out occasionally, like halloween and xmas decorations, beach stuff, etc. Anyway, I'm still brainstorming and your points are helpful. I appreciate it.
Gotcha. I see what you're thinking. Yeah I probably wouldn't given a typical garage setup, but it sounds like your height is a bit greater, so it could work.

I guess I don't have anything to offer on that particular lift, but beyond that in terms of your idea, I would say go for it. :)

ajn507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon XR 392

Did you ever pick up a Auxx-Lift? I have a high ceiling in my garage and was planning on using it like you described.

ajn507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does that offer additional storage on top of the hardtop?

ajn507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NVM. I saw it only lifts 175lbs
Sponsored