Auxiliary switch issue

S805

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Auxiliary switches stopped working. My switches worked fine a couple days ago and now they don’t. Only have one switch, #3, hooked up to a light bar on front bumper. Any help?
Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
First check fuses?
What are you powering up?
Connection issue (e.g., open circuit, ground wire, etc.) with the light or what ever the aux switch is powering?

OP
OP
S805

S805

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I have checked fuses and relays. All good. Powering 20” light bar. What I’m not sure about is...should the lights on the switches be illuminated when dash lights are on? It seems as if no power to the switch bank.

Tamos7

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sahara, 2016 Renegade
I have checked fuses and relays. All good. Powering 20” light bar. What I’m not sure about is...should the lights on the switches be illuminated when dash lights are on? It seems as if no power to the switch bank.
The lights on my Aux switches are on if the engine is running and the switch is activated. The lights on the Aux switches should work regardless of having anything connected to them or not. That's as far as I can take it. Someone else will have to provide some troubleshooting support.

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
As dumb as this may sound, are you getting a warning on drivers screen that says aux switches not available battery charging. You might be getting the warning and just passing it. If you press OK, the warning goes away and it will not reappear until you restart the Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S805

S805

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thanks for the reply. I do not see any warnings on the drivers screen. What I did notice today was when the headlights were on and it was dark all 4 switches blink...like the illumination part of the switch not the actual amber colored light that tells you the switch is on.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for the reply. I do not see any warnings on the drivers screen. What I did notice today was when the headlights were on and it was dark all 4 switches blink...like the illumination part of the switch not the actual amber colored light that tells you the switch is on.
Hey, S805. If you are still experiencing concerns with your Jeep, we do suggest visiting the dealer. If you would like our assistance, please reach out.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
S805

S805

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Just received new switch I ordered from dealer and installed. Works like a champ. Bad switch!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Just received new switch I ordered from dealer and installed. Works like a champ. Bad switch!
Having issues with mine trying to power a winch relay. Never used the switches since the Jeep was new and they appear to be DOA! Checked the installation of the switch per the existing TSB (star pub S1808000182) and it seems OK. Seems odd they may have been bad from day 1.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Having issues with mine trying to power a winch relay. Never used the switches since the Jeep was new and they appear to be DOA!
Have you programed them in UConnect?