First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
From the looks of the diagram it’s BEHIND the passenger “kick” panel. May need to remove to locate as it could be secured to another harness.
Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks Nate, I was looking in the wrong place. Jericbarg found them. Here is his post:

23F375C1-743A-400F-BE7E-CF52B659933D.png

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
In place of the Aux switches are likely just false blank buttons as “place holders” in case it’s upgraded later.
No, it's an empty cubbyhole. The switches are a one-piece module.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
so just like another storage bin?

Sponsored

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I'm assuming this is something that can be upgraded to at a later date if no selected as an option when purchasing the Jeep?
From the looks of it your way better off just ordering the electrical group upgrade when you order your jeep.
This upgrade i think is only $795 that includes the led lights, bigger alternator and battery, tow hitch and plugs and the four switch lighting set up.

I ordered a JLUR with every option except the rims, soft top and smoker group.
The reason is most of the dealership do not order them this loaded.

NEO Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
If you go to the Quadratec website and look up the switches in aftermarket Mopar accessories they also have a nice video explaining which kit to order. Sport & Sahara has a half storage cubby for the driver side and the switch assembly. Rubicon version only comes with switches because the driver side already has the locker and sway bar switches on the driver side. The Uconnect system has to be reprogrammed at the dealer to include the aux switch functions which were added after original manufacture. They get you coming and going with upgrading software solutions.

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
If you go to the Quadratec website and look up the switches in aftermarket Mopar accessories they also have a nice video explaining which kit to order. Sport & Sahara has a half storage cubby for the driver side and the switch assembly. Rubicon version only comes with switches because the driver side already has the locker and sway bar switches on the driver side. The Uconnect system has to be reprogrammed at the dealer to include the aux switch functions which were added after original manufacture. They get you coming and going with upgrading software solutions.
I saw that yesterday. I'm considering putting them in my Sport S. I think I can do it myself if the instructions are good, but if they are just a few line drawings like IKEA furniture I might be better having them do it at the dealership. I'm going to try to give them a call today to get a quote on labor for that job. Do you know if the dealer will charge you just to have the Uconnect reprogrammed or should they do that as a courtesy?

NEO Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I would hope that the dealer would possibly perform that reprogramming gratis with the "Wave Program." I cannot speak to the instructions. I am waiting for the 3.0 ecodiesel before I place an order on a JLU Rubicon model and I will be specify the Towing / HD electrical package to get the higher output alternator and switch cluster, the class 3 hitch is just a bonus to stick camping and bike accessories into for my needs.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I'm assuming this is something that can be upgraded to at a later date if no selected as an option when purchasing the Jeep?
Or just wait for the aftermarket solutions

Before the end of the year I’d expect to see solutions from sPod and at some point solutions from Painless Performance also.

Now as far as retrofitting the OEM switches, I wouldn’t imagine it being too hard so long as FCA has maintenance the status quo with their vehicle harnesses they use. If I recall correctly from the Ram side of the house FCA used one master harness for all models the only difference was what was plugged into it. There were guys who had bought lower Sport model trucks who were retrofitting power seats, rear cameras, etc. All they had to do was buy respective part and plug it in. So if Jeep continued with that page from the playbook, all it would take is for someone daring enough to disassemble their dash to see if there is a harness plug for switches. Under the hood might also require another harness as well.

Riveras_jeeps

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2009 wrangler, 2000 cherokee
:jk:
9ACB2A79-BE95-4041-B3B5-5E0347C4F720.jpeg
AUXILIARY SWITCHES

Four auxiliary switches located in the lower switch bank of the instrument panel can be used to power various electrical devices. You have the ability to configure the functionality of the auxiliary switches via the Uconnect settings. All switches can be configured for setting the switch type operation to latching or momentary, power source of either battery or ignition, and ability to hold last state across key cycles.

2018-JL-Wrangler-Auxiliary-Switches.jpg

The auxiliary switches control relays that power four blunt cut wires located in the interior passenger outboard foot well area and on the right side of the engine compartment near the battery.

In addition to the four auxiliary switch wires, a fused battery wire and ignition wire are also located in the interior, in the passenger out- board foot well area.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Auxiliary-Switches.jpg

Conveniently, Jeep also includes a kit of splices and heat shrink tubing provided with the auxiliary switches to aid in the connection/installation of your electrical devices!

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
So it took me about 2 hours to find my aux wires today under the glove compartment (thanks to those who posted the pictures and instructions before. Really helped to know what I was looking for)

Here’s what happened. The wires were not just hanging loosely. In fact, nothing was, and I was wary to pull on anything too hard. However, my buddy has a shop and a lift and much more experience than I so we got a bit braver, and pulled the trim and the glove box and everything out to try and find em. I saw them in the engine compartment so it didn’t seem like Jeep didn’t install them.

However, thanks to the photos previously posted, I figured it was a wire long enough to pull out from underneath, and that narrowed it to one, which was looped around and zip tied up like this.
1D26AE09-26C1-41DF-B3E6-457834944BF6.jpeg

The end of that wire was actually wedged in behind a bolt whose head was on the OTHER side of the firewall, so it’s not like I could easily release it. However, we lifted it up and were able to determine that it was clearly not going through to the engine compartment (we found the other end of it in the big bundle that went to the fuse box which also led us to believe that they wouldn’t bring a wire into the passenger compartment just to send it back, again reinforcing that this one was probably it) and so we loosened it up enough from under the front wheel well that the end of the wire could eventually be pulled free. This is the bolt it was behind, which was directly below the middle of the glove box and air filter:
83BAE2AC-D5FC-4BFB-B2CC-D01320A548BF.jpeg

It is quite possible that I could have just pulled on it with more force and it would have just come free, but because I didn’t know that that was the right one we didn’t want to break something. I post this in hopes that those who find this situation don’t get as frustrated as I do.

Otherwise, the Jeep is amazing and I am now excited to be able to use the ingenious prewired aux switches!
Sponsored