Sponsored

Auxiliary (AUX) Switches Configuration/Installation DIY

Brazilbombsqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Aux Switch 1 F93 - 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 2 F92 - 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 3 F103 - 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 4 F108 - 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
Sponsored

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeepneck

Factory, Aux install has 6 wires but the Aux kit install has 4 wires. This has been posted on the forum before. With the non factory install, you lose direct to battery wire and ignition accessory wire and you have Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 wires.

Yes, you can use either Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 to connect things to. You connect the red wire of the -thing- you are installing to either Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 wier and the black wire of the -thing- you are installing to a ground like in the pic shown earlier in the thread.

Loss of direct to battery wire and ignition accessory wire is not a major loss. Sure would be aok to have but...

Yeah, having some mild regrets on a few options I didn't get and this is one of them. Should have gotten the towing package too. Oh well, gotta get over it. I can't be too upset. I'm driving a new JLU, and it's awesome!

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For those performing the install themselves, the re-pinning of the "Orange" wire seems to be the most challenging. The directions are a bit weak in this area. The key to removing the female Orange wire is popping out the RED plastic piece that covers the inside of the wire housing. Removing it provides a significantly easier access point for you to remove the pin. If you don't remove that red plastic cover, the odds of damaging the Orange wire are very high.

Also, while the instructions indicate the kit's new Orange female wire goes into the stock plug, and the female Orange wire you remove from the stock harness mounts into the new and smaller provided 2-prong plug, it doesn't clearly state that the kit's male Orange wire goes into the second side of the kit's smaller 2-prong plug. It makes sense that the original female Orange wire needs to connect with the kit's male wire, it simply wasn't clearly noted.

Finally, you'll likely need longer zip ties than the ones provided. The wire harness that installs behind the engine has to be zip tied, and the ties provided barely fit around the wire channel, much less around the wire channel and this new wiring harness.

Other than these issues, everything else was pretty straight-forward. Using the TazerJL, I enabled the switches and they do light up when not connected to a device (i.e. lights, CB, Etc.). Previous posts indicated that they don't, yet mine do.

Hope this is helpful for anyone taking on the challenge of the install.

Last edited:
Reactions: zyt

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
.......these auxillary switches control repays that power the 4 blunt cut wires. Well I need help. I or my wheeling friend left auxillary switch #1 on for my daylughters.
The wires seem fine
The 40 amp fuse was blown & replaced
Lights not working.
Checked bulbs, they are good.
Seems relay for #1 auxillary switch may be the culprit???? Who knows where to find that rascal?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rangers1dad

In regard to Aux ....PDC has "HD ACCY" you will find relays 1, 2, 3, & 4, including K17, 18, 20 and 21.

Attachments

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I did see that. Can these relays be checked with volt meter?
Yes, the box holding the relays can be opened and accessed. I installed mine using the aftermarket kit, and the relay box gets installed just beside the Coolant reservoir. I'm not 100% sure where it is installed if it is a factory option.

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Trivial question, but.. any clean solution to replacing the buttons or labeling? Instead of Aux1 > CB Aux2 > Trailer . I have tape and a pen. I was hoping for the best and cleanest options. All ideas are appreciated.
I found that the Brother p-Touch label makers are about $30. It re-labels AUX 1 to HAM RADIO. Jeep quality and durable.

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Under the passenger side dash/glovebox as Jericbarg discovered. Thanks again for that Jericbarg!!!
81D93B5D-E368-46B2-9ED1-C5EEFF9E8BCE.jpeg
Dumb question. I have rock lights I want to install that are led RGB with a Bluetooth controller that only has 2 wires (red & black). I would like to use one of my auxiliary switches. Is the red wire I should connect to one of the switch wires and the black one I need to ground? Please advise.

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my car back from the dealership today. I had the aux switches installed. They were flashed as well. Total cost was $375 for switches & installation. $60 for the flashing.

Well worth it. If I could do it all over again, I would have ordered tow package.

Reactions: zyt

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Dumb question. I have rock lights I want to install that are led RGB with a Bluetooth controller that only has 2 wires (red & black). I would like to use one of my auxiliary switches. Is the red wire I should connect to one of the switch wires and the black one I need to ground? Please advise.

I installed LEDs under my seats and wired the positive to the AUX 4 switch wire (pink and blue’ish purple’ish wire) and then grounded the black on the same bolt shown in threads on this forum. The lights aren’t working with the Jeep running and the AUX4 button pressed. Not sure if I missed a step, need to activate the switch somehow, or have a defective part. I’m curious if you get an answer different on your question.

JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
So, I had the dealer install this for my Sport today. Everything is there except for the ignition and constant power wires.

I.e. the kit only appears to come with the 4 aux wires.

The fuse bank does have 6 slots under the hood, but only 4 are filled and the wire wraps only look to contain the 4 aux wires, etc.

Just a fyi
Redsyphon,

If you don't mind me asking how much did the dealer charge you to install the Auxiliary Switch Bank? I purchased my switch bank and am having my Jeep Dealer install it next week. Curious what I'm in for.

Thanks,

Michelle

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Yes, the box holding the relays can be opened and accessed. I installed mine using the aftermarket kit, and the relay box gets installed just beside the Coolant reservoir. I'm not 100% sure where it is installed if it is a factory option.
The factory installation has the relays and fuses inside the PDC.

I don't know about other kits, but on the one I received, I wouldn't run 40 A circuits. The wiring from the battery to the relay box was fine, but the wiring from the relay box to aux [1-4] were all smaller gauge wires (maybe 16 ga) only suitable for 15 A circuits.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Yeah, having some mild regrets on a few options I didn't get and this is one of them. Should have gotten the towing package too. Oh well, gotta get over it. I can't be too upset. I'm driving a new JLU, and it's awesome!
Same here. Bought a Jeep off the lot that was what I wanted except for the tow option. I figured no big deal, after market bumper will have hitch receiver for bike rack, I don't plan to tow with the Jeep, and I can add the aux switch kit. I didn't know the aftermarket switch kit was such an afterthought. I thought it would be the same as from the factory, but it's nothing like the factory install.
Sponsored