Aux Wire Colors (not as listed)

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I’ve been through many threads. Most all note the aux wires in the engine bay as two colored wires. Today while installing my new KC Gravity lights and planning on using Aux 3 I noticed that the labeled Aux 3 is pure white and all wires are not the colors noted anywhere They are all solid colored (see photo). Additionally they are seem to be the same gauge. The Aux Switches were installed after purchase by the dealer and are they are the correct switches for the Rubicon interior.

I double / triple checked the labeled Aux 3 (white wire) and it is correctly matched to the button switch. Lights also work fine as well so no complaints. Just confusion.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aux Wire Colors (not as listed) DD542D49-0300-4552-AFC6-3B49F2DC1FCD
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@maddscot

The pics that you find on the forum are referencing the colors of the Aux wires of the factory installed Aux .

Indeed, colors, etc. of the non-factory Aux could be different. Also, with the non-factory install, you will not find an ignition switched and a direct to battery wire in the passenger foot well, like you do with the factory install.

I should note, you are the first to post this wiring, color difference with the non-factory install.

OP
OP
maddscot

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
thanks and the primary reason for the post was to alert others. I tested each and all are wires and fused correctly so no “bag” on the dealer who installed them. Seemed odd as looking at the wiring diagram it was not making sense so the testing delayed the install just a bit.

Going to lower these post winch install which is next.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux Wire Colors (not as listed) 6A9259FD-713E-4A30-A174-E310C2995372
Sponsored