bongoray

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ever get this warning? I’ve had it show up randomly at start up a couple times.
“Aux Switches Temporarily Unavailable Battery Charging”

upload_2020-4-14_21-48-30.jpeg
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ever get this warning? I’ve had it show up randomly at start up a couple times.
“Aux Switches Temporarily Unavailable Battery Charging”

upload_2020-4-14_21-48-30.jpeg
It generally means your battery's voltage is below 12 volts. uConnect has a safeguard that cuts non-essential electronics when the power's low. Maybe try a trickle charger, or drive it a bit. At least for me, that's what I was constantly running into, as I run a BlackVue camera set constantly. Have since upgraded to the Genesis Dual Battery Kit, and I'm no longer getting messages like that now. Good luck!

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That’s very bizarre. What could be causing it to discharge?
Any aftermarket mods, or do you go days without driving?

It could also be that the smaller battery is getting tired, or the Jeep isn't charging it as it needs to.

Before you do anything, just make sure your battery cables are clean and secured firmly on your battery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bongoray

bongoray

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
I do have a lot of aftermarket mods but nothing electrical besides a Tazer. It is properly married and or unmarried as needed.

My Jeep is my daily driver so it’s weird to see that warning.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I just got this warning this morning. I’m running the Genesis dual batt setup and it was on the Noco batt charger for the last 3 days. The charger was reading green and voltage was 13.8 when I disconnected the charger before start-up. Bad IBS?

Dfisher81

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I’m getting this now about 2x a week upon start up. It’s for about 5 to 10 seconds and then goes away. I drive 5 days a week or more. 2018 JLUS. Batt volts are reading 13.9 - 14.1.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I’m getting this now about 2x a week upon start up. It’s for about 5 to 10 seconds and then goes away. I drive 5 days a week or more. 2018 JLUS. Batt volts are reading 13.9 - 14.1.
I have decided this is the warning that basically informs you that you need to get a good trickle charge.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I just got this warning this morning. I’m running the Genesis dual batt setup and it was on the Noco batt charger for the last 3 days. The charger was reading green and voltage was 13.8 when I disconnected the charger before start-up. Bad IBS?
This same event occurred to me. Genesis dual battery set up. On the odyssey charger with at 100% charge in battery maintaining mode. Disconnected and started up and got that message. Haven’t seen it since. I chalked it up to the whole stupid Uconnect / ESS system. I’ve had my IBS replaced recently just prior to tossing the aux battery and switching over to the genesis dual system.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
This same event occurred to me. Genesis dual battery set up. On the odyssey charger with at 100% charge in battery maintaining mode. Disconnected and started up and got that message. Haven’t seen it since. I chalked it up to the whole stupid Uconnect / ESS system. I’ve had my IBS replaced recently just prior to tossing the aux battery and switching over to the genesis dual system.
I moved my IBS to the main battery and never saw that message again. I eventually disconnected the IBS so the alternator would charge my 3 batteries at 14.x all the time (I have AAL rear battery setup).
Sponsored