Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Hey Jeepers,

So I have a JLU Rubicon with factory installed Aux Switches. The switches are enabled in the Uconnect system and I have selected Latching function and Battery as source. I know where the wiring stubs are and have wired Rigid 2" cubes up to them, but no go-polarity correct-tried both ways anyway. Aux switch lights activate upon selection, but no juice at either the passenger footwell or battery wire stub locations.

So, question: Even if I have the factory installed Aux Switches, they are configurable in Uconnect, and the switch indicator light comes on, do I need to go to the dealer for something???

Lastly, I have a TAZER JL and have selected both YES and NO to Aux Switches, but this has done nothing to enable the juice to flow to the wire stubs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ethan
Sponsored

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
Mine worked by connecting the wire and activating in Uconnect. I would check my ground first and then the fuses and relays.

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Thanks for the reply! Where did they stick the relays? They're not over by the Brake Booster like the Aux Switch install manual shows...

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply! Where did they stick the relays? They're not over by the Brake Booster like the Aux Switch install manual shows...
For the factory installed option, the relays are in the main fuse box under the hood. Check the manual, as I believe it's one of the relays listed with "If Equipped" in the name. There are 4 fuses listed there as HD ACCY with #1 through #4. Those are located at position #'s 92, 93, 103 and 108.

This picture below is of a fuse box found on the web with the AUX/Towing package (Fuses mentioned above are circled):

Fuses.PNG

And here's a picture of my Fuse Box (I don't have the Factory AUX/Towing Package). My best guess is that the two black relays below the circled fuses at the bottom left, and the two silver relays to the right of the green fuse cartridges circled, would be the ones you're looking for.

20180904_202416.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
For the factory installed option, the relays are in the main fuse box under the hood. Check the manual, as I believe it's one of the relays listed with "If Equipped" in the name. There are 4 fuses listed there as HD ACCY with #1 through #4. Those are located at position #'s 92, 93, 103 and 108.

This picture below is of a fuse box found on the web with the AUX/Towing package (Fuses mentioned above are circled):

Fuses.PNG

And here's a picture of my Fuse Box (I don't have the Factory AUX/Towing Package). My best guess is that the two black relays below the circled fuses at the bottom left, and the two silver relays to the right of the green fuse cartridges circled, would be the ones you're looking for.

20180904_202416.jpg
Michael,

Thanks for those photos and description! I do have the factory installed Towing and Aux Switch options, BUT, at the factory, they neglected to install the correct fuse box with relays and fuses! How I discovered this is, I had my dealer send me fuses and relays, but when I went to install them, in the locations you also point out, I found out that the connectors were missing from the main circuit board. So, unfortunately, it's not a simple plug-in situation.

When I go in for my first service I will raise hell, but I don't feel like wasting the rest of the summer with my rig sitting in a dealer lot while they figure out what the heck to do. It's simple, replace the entire fuse box!

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! What a crazy thing. Sorry you're having to go through all of that. Best of luck!

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hey Jeepers,

So I have a JLU Rubicon with factory installed Aux Switches. The switches are enabled in the Uconnect system and I have selected Latching function and Battery as source. I know where the wiring stubs are and have wired Rigid 2" cubes up to them, but no go-polarity correct-tried both ways anyway. Aux switch lights activate upon selection, but no juice at either the passenger footwell or battery wire stub locations.

So, question: Even if I have the factory installed Aux Switches, they are configurable in Uconnect, and the switch indicator light comes on, do I need to go to the dealer for something???

Lastly, I have a TAZER JL and have selected both YES and NO to Aux Switches, but this has done nothing to enable the juice to flow to the wire stubs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ethan
I hooked up a multimeter to the Aux 3 wire under the dash and ground behind the kick panel. I'm not reading any voltage. The Aux switch light is on. Shouldn't there be voltage?

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I hooked up a multimeter to the Aux 3 wire under the dash and ground behind the kick panel. I'm not reading any voltage. The Aux switch light is on. Shouldn't there be voltage?
You definitely should have power. You might try checking the AUX specific fuses. I would think that if they are blown, the AUX lights wouldn't come on, but I've not experienced what your dealing with.

Have you tested the AUX wires under the hood? You might also try putting a volt meter on those to see if you get power there.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
You definitely should have power. You might try checking the AUX specific fuses. I would think that if they are blown, the AUX lights wouldn't come on, but I've not experienced what your dealing with.

Have you tested the AUX wires under the hood? You might also try putting a volt meter on those to see if you get power there.
The fuses are fine. I tested Aux 3 and 4 under the dash. The switch lights are on but I'm not reading voltage. I will check out the Aux wires under the hood tomorrow. Thx.
Sponsored